or Connect

Posts by Fuamami

My 4 & 6 year old will be doing soccer this summer. I wanted to take my dd to some gymkhanas this summer, and maybe a jr. rodeo, but we don't have the money, and the truck that pulls the trailer is broken down. So maybe next. I'm interested to hear what the OP's dd is in?!?! Rifle-shooting? Football? What could be controversial for a 3.5 yo?
Quote: Originally Posted by lilyka doesn't sound horrible to me. in with all those carbs was protien, a couple servings of veggies, whole grains, calcium, vitamins and minerals, etc. all things considered not to shabby. granted it is a lot of sugar but I don't know what is normal for a days supply of sugar/carbs. those numbers you are looking at are not nessecarily table sugar. alot of them are just carbs. you need carbs . . . .maybe not that many...
Quote: Originally Posted by StrawberryFields I think the numbers are slightly misleading because a 16 month old probably isn't going to eat an entire can of spaghetti-os and might not suck down a whole box of juice, know what I mean? I can take a can of Joe's-Os from TJs and feed two three year olds and my 17 month old with it. Similarly, my 17 month old might take a juice pouch but probably won't be able to finish it like my 3 year old is. As a...
Quote: Originally Posted by aran Fussiness might or might not be diet related. Regardless, I'd be fit to be tied if my DCP didn't feed my kid the food I provided. If you have a concern about allergies, talk to the parents! Oh, I talked to her about it and do mostly feed her our food. She doesn't care either way. They always send that food, and I mostly don't feed it to her, but she's only here 1-2 days a week, and since I'm 99% sure that's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride Okay - you flicked on one of my pet peeves. Is there any particular reason for the comment about being thin? I knew a guy in my teens who drank 2-3 Super Big Gulps every day and ate a lot of junk, and drank alcohol on the weekends, and he was skinny as a rail. My ex-FIL was (still is, as far as I know) very thin, and he ate a ton of processed junk, including candy, and drank like a fish (odd expression, that). I...
Well, I have sent my kids to daycare before, and I think you have to assume that you're going to be judged. I think this is how they eat all the time. They are all very thin, though. The annoying part for me is that the baby is MISERABLE. I thought it was just here but the mom said she's like that at home, too. She's always super itchy - as soon as her diaper's off she just goes to town scratching, and I just think a better diet would help. I guess I'm frustrated...
Is what the parents of my 16 month old daycare charge want me to feed her. At least. I didn't figure the sugar in her whole milk or her Cheerios. But they sent her with an adult-size thing of Yoplait (27 grams), a white grape juice box (22 grams), and a can of Spaghetti-Os (11 grams)!
I haven't read the other posts, but good for you for sticking up for him. Those kind of lessons, about life's unfairness, always break my heart.
Quote: Originally Posted by montlake My belief is that no, parents should not lie to the kids. My reality is that yes, I have lied in situations exactly like the soda thing because frankly some days are rougher than others and I go into "I'm only interested in peace, not justice" mode. Yep, me too.
I get what you're saying, but I think he teaches it to them just because he wants to irritate his wife, and probably me. I agree they're way too young, my 4 year old didn't even get that the word was a-hole, my dd had to explain it to him. Anyway, maybe you're right and I should just let it go. It did clearly, clearly make MIL very uncomfortable, though. When they sang it for me in front of her, she almost started crying, and then said that they weren't going to be...