or Connect

Posts by GearGirl

I wasn't allowed these dolls when I was little, my mother was against Barbie, cheerleading, and getting married before 30, lol. I also was not allowed junk food unless it was Halloween or something. As an adult I am so impressed that she followed through with all of that, but I can say that I do buy my daughter Barbie and she just finished a cheerleading class, mostly because I want to encourage her in ways she is interested in even if it is Barbie. I also think...
I would also say to check for a free or cheap trampoline, it is the best thing we ever got for the kids, it really encourages play, exercise, taking turns.... They do show up cheap because when the kids are done and older parents want it gone because it takes up so much space!
I am from Cambridge, right outside Harvard Square! Too weird! Where are you in CA? We are in San Francisco area. I will PM you my email if you want to chat about the bar! I think we only need to take the CA part and not the multistate, so that is at least much better than needing to take the entire thing. I know MA is easier, They call it "passachusetts" and they don't give you your score, just pass or fail. If I knew I aced it that would be great, but I guess if I...
I have had both the madsen and the xtracycle radish. They are both great, very different. I prefer the madsen with kids but if you are not always taking kids with you I think the xtracycle is better, it is more versatile. My dd was scared of both, she has a weird thing with bikes that's why I was trying both. She is old enough now to bike on her own but I would still like another cargo bike just for me, but the price, oh the price. If I had a motor for my madsen I...
Did you take the bar in another state after graduation? If not, I am thinking that the Bar might be part of your problem here, but I know I could be way off. The Bar sucks, no denying it, but it isn't the worst thing in the world. If you study hard and you made it through law school which you obviously did, you should do fine! I think it is good that your dh is putting your foot down because I think you will be so happy that you just did it. I too need to take the...
I would like to join this thread. I have hit what I think is rock bottom, and I hope that is a good thing. I was avoiding the scale because even though I have needed to lose the same 30 pounds or so for a long time I wasn't gaining. Well, my clothes were tighter, I was starting to try to cover up instead of dress, and finally I made myself get on the scale and I was shocked. I have never weighed this much unless I was at the end of one of my three pregnancies. This is...
I did the whole thing last year after first doing a month of 30 day shred.  I was much tighter but didn't lose anything, I'm not sure why because I do have lots to lose!  It was a fantastic program, I loved doing it!  I would not have been able to do it and run at the same time though, I think unless you modify it with specific days just for running and stretch out the length of the program it is better just to do it on its own.
I've never heard of it, off to google.  Martha's Vineyard is my favorite place in the world so maybe this will motivate me!
that makes total sense, i admire your confidence op!
Having my 10 year old tell me "I'm not sentimental about these school projects, let's not hang onto them", and noticing clutter in other people's houses.  This might sound judgmental but I don't mean it that way.  I think I really had a problem where I just didn't notice clutter and mess the way most people do.  Now I see piles in corners and toys everywhere at playdates and I want to organize it.  That is HUGE for me.  I still struggle with making a mess and my garage,...