or Connect

Posts by jyurina

My son was in the NICU for a week. The birth plan, all forms, etc all said NO CIRC. We also told all the nurses that it wouldn't be done. We still had a couple nurses that kept asking and one that was woefully illeducated about foreskins since she kept telling us that we would eventually do it since it was such a pain to clean. I disagreed and she just got louder. Thankfully the normal NICU staff were very nice and just accepted it. I like the idea of a sticker or just...
I have problems with the soap nuts. And we do cold wash and air dry. If it recurrs I would make the load slightly smaller. The soap nuts rinse COMPLETELY. I actually don't do the rinse anymore cause it is redundant. Though if the smell persists I might try an extra long wash cycle just so all the sweat is getting off. Perspiration is odorless-it only smells when it mixes with bacteria on the body and grows. So the smell must be coming either from leftover gunk on the...
I found a wonderful planting calendar from the local University online. It is of course tailored to my area but I would assume that your closest university may have the same thing?
MIne have just started doing that too-I had a month of beautiful zukes and now nuthin, but I do have some little ones starting. My problem started with our 100 degree + weather so it may be that they are getting an uneven water supply which would cause the pant to decrease energy to the fruit and keep more in the plant until water rates even out. Maybe. Were you getting pleanty of fruit before?
When I used the whole nuts with a bag I used 3-4 for large loads and reused them 3 times at least. I have gotten WAY more washes out of my nuts by boiling 6-7 in a large stockpot and then letting them "steep" until the color of strong tea. I pour about 1/4 cup in the wash and it does and AWESOME job. Even in cold. I use this "tea" for all laundry, I make an all purpose cleaner with it and vinegar, TTO-and wash the dog with it-it does wonders for the dander. LOVE these...
I handwash cause I have no dishwasher. To reduce my water use I have been catching all "heat up" water in a stock pot and using it to water my veggies. Then I plug both sides and fill the hot side with soapy water and the cold side for rinsing. A little vinegar if I want to disinfect. I found that the most efficient thing to keep my little kitchen clean and not be always changing wash water is to keep the sink full of soapy water during the day and do the dishes as they come.
I get unrefines whipped shea butter from OYIN and it is actually healing my skin so I love it. It smells lightly of nuts to me and the smell is gone after it soaks in. Being that we are in AZ my hubby actually commented that he can feel it if he forgets to put it on as soon as he walks out the door.
We have fairly strict leash laws here due to alot of chuckle heads who let their animals run the neighborhood cause they can't be bothered to exercise them. So outside of a dog park you are really taking a risk letting them run in a non-dog designated area. The tennis courts are a great idea but the only ones close to us are literally a few hundred feet from a freeway entrance-yikes. I think I will try the "door" training- he recognizes "off" "gentle" and "bed" so one more...
We always harnessed the cats on trips. That way we always had a leash handy-and a crate was open in the back so they could hide if they wanted.
I am looking into a doggy daycare at the local PetSmart since he may need to be boarded soon and they have a lovely facility. And I am upping his walks when I can in this heat so he gets some of the "OOOHHHH smells!!!" out of his system. We have the same problem as Hellga-he gets tunnel vision and is outa sight by the time we get after him. And like I said it isn't every time-most of the time he tears off to the end of the street, turns around and comes home. It's like he...