or Connect

Posts by muttmom92

My understanding of a balanced literacy program is one that uses a comprehensive approach: phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension. It's how I want my children taught. :)
I could be wrong, but I think it just means that they can keep your child out of school unless he's vaccinated.
We currently see Dr. Sears and love her. Unfortunately, she has decided to no longer take insurance. I'm still not sure we are going to switch doctors, but I want to see if there are any doctors out there like her. I'm so torn about this decision, and if I can't find a good alternative, I'll stick with her.   Thanks
My sister is a nurse. It is crazy how different things are from a few years ago. They used to have huge signing bonuses and now my sister says the new grads are having a hard time finding open positions. I think the job market in general is so competative right now-believe me, I know-that any field is going to be hard to get into. I still think nursing is one of the best bets to find a job. Be flexible. Don't turn down a tech job. Just get your foot in the door any way...
We use our Radio Flyer wagon a lot. I love it.
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad If she doesn't he usually ends up marrying her. Usually? How often has your dad been married?
Quote: Originally Posted by LynnS6 I answered most, but certainly not all. It just wasn't possible! We had a number of conversations that went: Me: Okay, I need 5 minutes without any questions. Ds: Why? Me: Because I need time to think. Ds: Why? Me: Because I'm trying to read/drive/cook dinner. Ds: Why? Me: Enough already! 5 minutes, no questions!!!! Please!! Ds: Why are you yelling? That sounds way too familiar.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarnMomma I don't know if there if there IS a way to overcome this. If there is, I'd sure as heck like to know about it. I'm a perfectionist and 99% of the time I wish I wasn't. Yeah, I know how you feel. I'm a perfectionist too. My perfectionism has actually manifested at times as inactivity. There have been a lot of things I haven't tried in my life because I figured if I didn't try, I couldn't fail at it. I...
I'll be watching the responses. My 5 yr old dd acts very similar.
Your poor son. That's a lot for him to have to deal with. I don't have anything else to add except that I'm glad you're starting counseling. I just didn't want to read and not reply. Good luck.