or Connect

Posts by Shawnamarie

Hey all - sorry for the huge delay. I posted back on March 8th or 9th that I was in labor and shortly thereafter forgot about the rest of the world! After my water broke, I had two nights of laboring (labor stopped during the day). On the 3rd day, my midwife swept my membranes, which kickstarted labor immediately. I had our daughter at home, as planned, via a completely natural labor about 8 hours later on March 10th. She is precious and I absolutely love her. I had some...
Well, my labor pretty much stopped at 11am and hasn't gotten going since then. I'm having like 2 contractions an hour. My midwife says it's likely to pick up again once night falls. My water broke at 11pm last night but she doesn't seem concerned about time constraints at this point.    Congrats, Micah!
I haven't been on here long, but I thought I'd let y'all know that I'm in labor, too! My water broke at about 11pm last night and I was able to sleep off and on between contractions throughout the night. They got to be about 4.5 minutes apart and 1 minute long about a half hour ago and then I changed position. I was leaning on a birth ball, got tired, moved to laying down on the couch, and now my contractions are slowing down. Is this normal? I'm enjoying resting but I...
I'd also say that I'll miss all of the little kicks. I'll miss being so close to the baby and always knowing that it's taken care of. 
That sounds like quite a spread! I asked my midwives about this last week and they said they don't need much - maybe just some nuts and fruit to keep them going if they need to find a snack. So, I'll definitely have some nuts/fruit/bars around for them to eat. However, I'll also have some frozen meals, soups, fixings for PB&J, beverages, etc. Like you said, I don't know when I'll go into labor so I don't want to buy too many perishables. I figure since this is my first...
Hi all,   I was here many, many moons ago when I first found out I was pregnant (in July). However, I was also super paranoid of an early loss and was devastated every time someone on here experienced one. I had to cut myself off from checking this forum for a while and just started popping in here again. :)     EDD (feel free to use 1st or 2nd half if you prefer): March 9th Age: 35 State or Country: Washington How long it took to you to get...
Has anyone else experienced this?   I was 36 weeks last weekend and Saturday night I totally felt the baby drop - suddenly my belly was lower, I had a lot of cervical soreness, my pubic bone hurt, and it was uncomfortable to walk. After my initial shock, I was THRILLED to feel that the pregnancy was moving along.   Then this morning I woke up to an incredibly strange belly formation. It looks like my baby spun on its head while I was sleeping and floated back up...
I haven't been in this forum for a while, but thought I'd chime in here. Before I was pregnant, I was taking a calcium/magnesium supplement called Natural Calm and have found that it helps me stay regular. I've increased the amount I take during my pregnancy and this seems to help with both leg cramps and with keeping regular, even in the face of pregnancy challenges. If I take it every day, I avoid dealing with moments like you had. I was constipated early in my life...
I am 10w5d today and just saw my midwife for the first time! We were also able to hear the baby's heart on the doppler, which was really exciting. 
Can I make a suggestion about the constipation? You ladies should try a product called Natural Calm. It's basically a magnesium supplement (which is good for you anyways) and will provide a more gentle solution for getting things moving. People usually just use it as a mag supplement, but it also helps with that department.    I'm one of those people that can have cramping and unpredictability with something like Smooth Move, but I really like Natural Calm. Plus, you...