or Connect

Posts by JohannasGarden

I'm so sorry you're getting so much one-sided pressure from your pedi. It seems to me like you take the self-esteem issues seriously, but don't want to use drugs as your first option. I think this is wise, especially as a lot of your son's biggest issues sound like DSI as much as or more than ADHD and the OT should help with that. In _The Edison Trait Child_ (or something like that), Lucy Jo Palladino advised parents to have a goal of having about 80 % of what they say...
I also suggest waiting if she doesn't seem to be in great need of solids. A sensory issue with a new food usually means they don't like the way it feels so they spit it out. Gagging is also possible (In a "trying to get this mushy stuff out of me way"), but I would not expect other bowel activity to occur. DS had early, mild allergies to rice and none to avocado. You'll have to go with your own instincts. Summer squash might be a good thing to try?
I was just going to suggest the same site. After my response earlier, I saw that there was a mom there whose child was going to go Neocate only, but she talked with her doctor and will keep nursing. The thread is on the main message area. Sherri
I would look for more info., but from what I've read, you really do want to reduce the inflammation quickly to increase his chance of outgrowing the intestinal condition. Personally, I imagine you would need to do something more radical with your diet than removing a few more foods--hard as even that sounds right now. Unfortunately, many medical personnel are not likely to see why avoiding weaning an older child is such a big issue when the condition is serious....
DS is a little bit allergic to a whole lot of things, including dairy, peanuts, eggs, and corn, (and possibly mung beans? We actually just had a blood test today because he got blotchy all over after lunch!) so we've told him he won't be able to eat anything that comes inside the eggs at a public egg hunt. He can trade the candy for a toy we'll buy him later. He said that he would like to give his candy away to other kids, which I thought was pretty sweet. He mourns the...
Basically you avoid all foods that you are very allergic/sensitive to and eat all other foods only at 4 or 5 day intervals. It is very complicated and I haven't gotten it together to do it. It's supposed to prevent new allergies because your body has time to recover between exposures. My DS has milder symptoms, he mostly gets puffy eyes and quite challenging behavior--he only had eczema as a baby. He's allergic to dairy, corn, eggs, and peanuts, but is still reacting to...