or Connect

Posts by rachelmarie

I did not have my almost 3 yo ds at dd's birth (which was now over 3 years ago as ds is about to turn 6!). Being attached parents, he was - well - very attached and would not have wanted to leave me be if I needed him to and also would have been scared/concerned when I was birthing the baby (I screamed). Also, as soon as he left with my parents and it was just dh and I left in the house, my labor picked up considerably. I was able to focus on my labor, my body, and the...
One of my favorite blogs is Ordinary Life Magic. She has a daily blog, where she records what they do each day, as well as this one filled with amazing ideas for science experiments, arts and crafts, etc. The latter is also filled with links to great websites for even more ideas. I've gotten so many fun ideas from her blogs. Hope this helps!
akayerich - Mariemont sounds nice! I definitely want to look into it further. Valerieg - Thanks for the LLL info! I'll have to see if I can make it next month. I've been to Joyce Park (just driven through when we first moved here) but not to Harbin Park, which I looked up and it looks nice. Is there a playground there? I wouldn't mind meeting there sometime. I checked out the map and it's close to us. (Yes, we're in Lindenwald. ) We'll have to set up a day and time.
Valerieg - where is the LLL group you go to and what time do they meet? We are in Hamilton, about a couple blocks from Fairfield. It sounds like we're pretty close! Akayerich - I, of course, don't mind that you don't have older children. Everyone knows playgroups are for mamas anyway! Plus, both my kids love babies! Those of you on the eastside, what towns do you recommend? We'd like something that isn't terribly expensive and that is walkable, safe, family...
Oh, good!! I'm so glad there are other mamas here that are willing to get together. Now to figure out what to do! Any ideas for good parks? We usually go to Mason to a great park (my parents live in West Chester so we're over there a lot and it's not far from them) but it sounds like no one is near there. Sooo... I don't really know of other parks that would be good to meet at. The weather is getting cooler so it should be easy to plan for a nice day at a park!
I grew up in a suburb, north of Cincinnati, moved away for college, then moved back to the area last year. I've yet to find any crunchy AP mamas! We moved from an area with an abundance of them so it's strange feeling like the only ones who parent the way we do. I know there has *got* to be more than us around here! Anyway, let me know if you're out there and if anyone is interested in arranging a meetup at a park, the zoo, museum, or wherever! I have a ds who is...
I've been thinking about getting a big canvas and some paints. Ds does some really awesome paintings so I am thinking about letting him have at it with "real" paint and a big canvas. Of course, I could also just frame what he has done already, in similar frames, and group them above our couch. Another thing I need to do is cover some (ugly) throw pillows my mom gave me. I just need to go buy fabric and get out the ol' sewing machine! I love the ideas given here...
Quote: Originally Posted by Selesai Re: CC interest rate. They generally cannot amend the cc agreement w/o your approval. Our cc (on which we carry a balance) told us our interest rate would go up too. DH called, told them no, we won't agree. They "closed" teh account, meaning that if we charge anything else, the rate will go up, but otherwise the current balance will stay at teh lower APR. Works for me. I was going to say this as well. I...
What a great idea for a thread! Almost all of our furniture has been given to us by family - everything except a bookshelf and our TV stand! Our home desparately needs decorated but we have no money to do so. I've been trying to find ideas but everything I've seen online costs something - often more than I want to (or can) pay. I'd love ideas for wall art to hang above our sage green couch. Anyone? I've been trying to think of something for months now, but I don't...
I couldn't read and not post. I hope things work out for the best for you all and soon.