or Connect

Posts by dlm194

There is an ICAN group IN Knoxville.  I don't think 40 miles is unreasonable for travel.  Have you ever made contact with the ICAN leader in Knoxville?  If she is the nearest chapter, women probably contact her for suggestions.  Years ago I was a regional coordinator in that area (that position is vacant right now unfortunately), and I had a heck of a time when women in your state contacted me.  The VBAC providers were few and far between.  Sometimes finding the VBAC...
Does your local ICAN group know you?  lol   Many women near me travel an hour or more for a VBAC, especially a low intervention VBAC.  :)   I live in an area where many woman are more than happy to sign up for the repeat c-section.  I wonder about that a lot but I think in many cases their 1st labors were so horrible that they really don't want to repeat that.  :(
Dr Judy Banks at Morristown has done med free twin births and VBAC twins births. I know with the VBAC (I assume this is because mom never had a vaginal birth), baby A had to be head down.  Dr Garfinkel would be worth asking as well.
The Midwifery Care midwives do operate very independently.  You have to have an appointment with the hospital perinatologist to go over risk factors but that's about it.  The back up doctors are the covering doctors at the hospital that have no desire to get involved with you unless you present with an issue so it's not really a problem to birth naturally. I was admitted one night at 37 weeks and technically under both the midwife and one of the back up doctors.  He...
I know this isn't terribly close but there is a clinic at Capital Health in Hopewell which is staffed by midwives and doctors.  I know they accept Medicaid and the hospital is a good place to plan a natural  birth. 
Add me to the "I love Bucks County" camp.  :)  I grew up there and still love it.  I move before I got married/had kids so I can't answer a lot of your questions but we visit there all the time and it really is a great place to live.  They have a website which you can google.  Depending on the commute that your dh is comfortable with,you could move a little further into PA as well.  I have friends that lived in Newtown and commuted to the Princeton Waldorf school.  I'm...
Definitely try them!  But call next Tuesday when they have office hours - they can fill up fast!  Hopefully it's not an issue to get a referral.  I can't deal with referrals and all that so I use Tricare Standard.  LOL!  My maternity costs were covered 100% (well, except $25 per night in the hospital).  :)
lol, yes, I know all about Tricare!  You do need a CNM.  If you are within an hour or so of Trenton, try giving Pam and Louise a call.  They accept Tricare but I don't know about US Family Health Plan since that's an HMO and there are very few in-network midwives.  One of the medical guys from Dix tried calling me to switch to them but the nearest midwives in network were pretty far for me.  Pam and Louise do accept insurance on an out of network basis though (if that's...
I've met and talked to both about VBACs.  I think they are both great and both supportive of VBACs.  I'd suggest making an appointment with each of them for a consult - see who you click with.  Maybe even tour the hospitals too.  I'm not sure what Dr Beiter's policy on monitoring is but I don't think St Peter's has wireless monitoring.  I *think* Morristown might have a unit available but I always hear mixed info on that!  Obviously St Peter's is much closer which would...
I don't know a ton about VBA2C in your are but have you contacted ICAN?  I'd suggest contacting ICAN of SE PA and ICAN of Camden County.  I'm sure this questions has been asked before!  If you want to make the hike up to Trenton, Pam and Louise in Pennington can attend VBA2C on a case-by-case basis.