or Connect

Posts by dlm194

Does it have to be a CNM?  I think there are only a few CNMs in the state who attend homebirths.  Most are CPMs.  :)
Oh, and yes, I have seen the NIH statement (and I watched it live).  What is your point there?   And you realize the 2nd thing you posted concludes:   RESULTS: The unadjusted neonatal mortality rate for cesarean deliveries with no labor complications or procedures was 2.4 times that for planned vaginal deliveries. In the most conservative model, the adjusted odds ratio for neonatal mortality was 1.69 (95% CI 1.35-2.11) for cesareans with no labor complications or...
*SIGH*  Again, all of your posting are newer posters.  I can't make you "feel" the way that mothering once was.  You could get support for necessary c-sections but talking not about the virtues of how great planned RCS are.  I don't even think this thread would have stayed open on the old mothering.    To the lovely poster who called me crunchier than thou....  uhm, sweetie - have you read my signature line?  I'm hardly in a crunchier than thou position.    But...
yeah wow.  It is a sad day at mothering.com.  Very sad.  I miss the old mothering.  Now i understand why so many people left.  :(
My vision was -5.5 in one eye and -6 in the other.  It actually improved after I pushed a baby out.  lol!
  I didn't tell you that a littlesandy.  Do NOT misquote me.  I simply stated that it was a sad when when mothering is hosting threads about how easy planned c-sections can be.  You can have a thread that talks about the benefits of RCS if you want.  But why not do everyone a favor and start it in a more APPROPRIATE forum and give it an APPROPRIATE name.  If you want to get mad that I'm writing that go ahead.  But this IS mothering.  And this IS a VBAC forum.  It should...
I would hope you didn't have any major pain!  That's plenty of pain medication there.  I am completely in favor of managing your pain but many women hesitate to do that for breastfeeding reasons (they don't want too much pain medication in their milk)   The recovery from my 2nd c-section was really good and I imagine if that's all I knew, I'd be bragging about how "easy" a recovery it was.  However, I have a vaginal birth to compare it to which was a piece of cake in...
Morristown has 2 midwifery groups - Avalon midwives and Hackettstown midwives.  I think they both have websites.  There is also a midwife (Tina Alessi) who delivers with a doctor.  I'd suggest interviewing them and seeing who is a good fit.  Good luck!
NJ is such a mixed bag.  LOL!  There are plenty of more natural minded families around though I think the area generally pretty mainstream.  There is a holistic moms group that meets at the Bridgewater library.  There is also a local LLL group.   I don't use the public schools so I'm not really sure about the.  There is a Waldorf school about 20-30 min from Hillsborough.    There are holistic peds around.  I think there is 1 vax-friendly ped in Hillsborough but...
A hospital can't turn away a mom in labor so if you were close to delivery upon arrival, they would have to attend you.  If the baby was having issues, they'd transfer the baby but that does NOT mean they would transfer you (you can leave AMA, of course but it doesn't mean you'll be admitted into another hospital).  If you show up at a basic care nursery hospital about to give birth to a 36 weeker, I wouldn't count on then calling in midwives and assisting you in having...