or Connect

Posts by dlm194

Just an fyi.....  that article states that NJ saw 40 maternal deaths last year due to placenta accreta.  That statistic is incorrect; I verified that with the NJ Center for Health Statistics who takes the NJ c-section rate very seriously.    
Can you give us a more specific idea of where you are?  South Jersey as in Trenton?  Camden? Cape May?   A midwife is definitely an option for a hospital birth.  Hospital-based midwives are backed up by doctors.  This means that the doctor can place restrictions on her practice so some midwives have a lot of freedom and others not as much; it just depends on her back up doctor.  But that doctor will be there to handle any complications that could arise.    I...
I'm not sure who you contacted but the Morris leader was out of the country for a while.  However, Greater Essex, Someset and Monmouth all have available leaders.  You could try emailing any of them and you should get a response.  Finding an CNM for an HBAC is probably going to be difficult.  Most homebirth midwives are CPMs and the few CNMs that attend homebirths also have hospital privileges that they cannot risk.    I guess a traveling midwife would be subject to the...
You can definitely VBAC in the Princeton area.  Midwifery Care Associates in Pennington are very supportive of VBAC and attend births at Capital Health.  They offer wireless monitors which will allow you to move around and use the showers, tubs, etc for labor.  They stayed with me during the 17 hours I labored in the hospital for my VBAC.  You usually have to book with them early since they fill up but it's worth calling them.  You never know!    There is also a...
Moxie,  I'm not clear on exactly what you are looking for but there are quite a few doulas in NJ.  Capital Health takes Tricare and you can use midwives there.  There are no freestanding birth centers in NJ (only hospitals that call their maternity units "birthing centers" but Capital health is very open to natural birth.  Water births are up to the hospital (no NJ laws about that) but very few hospitals actually offer them - there is one in South Jersey and one in North...
Don't forget that you offer HypnoBirthing classes as well!  The instructor I had there was wonderful.  :)   Just out of curiosity, can all the baby-friendly practices be used during cesarean deliveries as well (skin to skin, holding the baby, nursing in the OR)?  I don't advocate for elective cesareans but we know that things don't always happen as planned and this would make a big difference for moms having medically necessary cesareans (especially when they were...
Lol!  Wow....
If your SIL wants to use Pam and Louise, she can most likely stay on Prime.  Tell her to give them a call; they are fairly used to dealing with Tricare.  If she wants to use the Del Val midwives, Standard really isn't that scary.  Her husband would stay on Prime and the baby could be on prime. She can switch back to Standard in a year (although i think she could switch back right after her birth if her dh is an E4 or below).  The costs for Standard depend a little bit on...
She can definitely use Midwifery Care Associates in Pennington (Pam and Louise).  I'm an AD military wife and used them without an issue.  Even though they are not listed with Tricare providers online, they are network providers.  They also do hospital and homebirth (I was a hospital birth).  One of their back up doctors is military which always made my dh happy.  ;) Capital Health definitely accepts Tricare.  I do know of a woman who is active duty herself and used them...
Have you contacted ICAN for a suggestion?    It's possible that having had 2 c-sections and being only 15 months out from your c-section will increase your risks somewhat.  The problem is that there are too many variables associated with the studies that suggest your risk is increased (types of sutures used years ago, inductions, use of pitcon, etc).  Going into labor naturally and laboring without pitocin will decrease your risk.