or Connect

Posts by dlm194

Have you thought about interviewing both of them to see if you click more with one or the other?  I met both and they both struck me very supportive of VBACs and natural birth in general.    I switched to Dr Banks at 38 weeks in a last effort to avoid a c-section for breech.  I had an u/s with the hospital perinatologist and we figured out that due to his particular position and the position of the cord, a vaginal birth was pretty unlikely but at least she didn't...
That's awesome!  My midwives are CNMs and Tricare providers who will attend homebirths.  It's a terrible misconception that Tricare doesn't cover homebirth! ;) My midwife was telling me a great story of having 1 client send her son on his bike to get her on post!
About what part of NJ do you live in?   ETA: Start acupuncture now.  It's most effective around 34 weeks or so.  The later you get, the less effective it is.
I'm not sure what part of central NJ but I saw Dr Lucy Liu in Somerville:  www.tcmacu.com/.  I know she will submit to insurance if your insurance will cover it.  I paid out of pocket and thought it was reasonable.   One of my friends in Monmouth county had suggested this place:  www.seninstitute.com/ but it was a bit far for me to travel!
No problem Pinkbunch.  I actually remember looking up the risks for a friend of mine several years ago who had a c-section for pre-e (failed induction).  She wanted a VBAC but she was met with a lot of opposition largely due to her pre-e (she was in fabulous shape otherwise).  She didn't have a VBAC that time but she did go on to have a VBA2C.  I don't have personal experience with pre-e but I think it's worth looking into diet modifications which could potentially help...
Uhm, what the heck???  Who said anything about snake oil?  First of all, the incidence of a woman developing pre-e in her 2nd or subsequent pregnancies (when she didn't have it in her 1st pregnancy) is under 10%.  Women who have already had pre-e are at an increased risk of developing it again.  There are so many factors that go into developing pre-e, that you can't necessarily give someone an exact risk potential.  The Brewer's diet is discussed in the Bradley method of...
FWIW, I don't think the OB is making something up.  Diabetics and people with peripheral arterial disease don't heal as well from wounds on their extremities (feet, etc) due to the lack of blood flow to those areas.  With proper care, they can eventually heal.  I'm not sure how long ago your c-section was but that might influence my decision (if I were in your shoes). I guess it depends on how well the OB thinks he fixed it too.   It is also possible to have an u/s...
Yes, the epidural can make things tougher even though it sounds like baby was positioned okay.  It's possible that her head was cocked slightly to the side,etc.  An induction was trying to force her out before she was ready, especially an induction that took that long.  It's also very possible that you were way too exhausted to push more effectively.   Labor is often compared to running a marathon, yet runners don't starve themselves in the process!  At any rate, there...
Do you happen to know if your baby was posterior?  Chiro care and yoga should help prevent that but sometimes babies favor that position (e.g. babies often favor the posterior presentation with an anterior placenta).  There have been 2 women in my local ICAN group who pushed for hours without epidurals or inductions.  Their babies just got stuck.  The first one VBACed a baby that was over a pound bigger!  The 2nd had 2 VBACs since.
I'm completely pro-midwife. However, I think the most important think is that you are comfortable with your care provider whether she/he is a midwife or doctor.   If you can't get comfortable with the idea of a midwife, there is nothing wrong with looking for a doctor who will support your choices.  They are available depending on where you live and how far you are willing to travel.  All NJ midwives are required to be backed up by a doctor who can restrict her practice...