or Connect

Posts by dlm194

One of the nurses I was talking to when i went in for a version was telling me that one doctor sometimes put abdominal binders on women after an ECV to try to keep the babies from flipping again if he thought they might flip back. 
It's been several years since i did any research about hospitals/midwives/doctors in the central PA area. When I did, I was specifically looking for VBAC friendly but a VBAC friendly care provider should be even more vaginal birth friendly to a woman who already had a vaginal birth. Most hospitals will allow midwives who are on staff in the OR with her patient. Even the baby factory I used with my 1st birth let the midwife in.  Doulas and CPMs are not often allowed in...
Wombatclay ~ Trust me, living in a state where it is illegal for midwives to attend HBACs and having had a CBAC after a VBAC, nothing you said is lost on me and I'm not glossing over anything.   ;)   Stongwoman ~ I understand much better what you are trying to do.  I think you are taking the right approach.  Plan for the best and the worst.  I'm just not sure how easy it is going to be to have the best of the worst if that scenario pans out.  Does that make sense?  I...
Would you need to be induced?  I don't mean to get personal but is the issue just long labors or do you have another factors going on that you know will require an induction or delivery by a certain time?   I'm trying to figure out if you really just need a patient care provider or you really need someone that can do the cesarean you are looking for.  My midwives would let me labor as long as necessary to get the baby out (as long as baby and I were okay).  My 1st...
Dr Banks is wonderful.  She is definitely supportive of VBACs and would be my first choice at Morristown.  The staff there likes her too which helps.  ;)
  Hmmm....  I bet this is part of the problem.  She is a smart woman.  Everyone (including herself) assumes that she should know what to do and shouldn't suffer PPD, though hopefully most people know that Princeton-educated Brooke Shields suffered terrible PPD.   I have no idea how much my breastfed baby takes but I thought the rule of thumb was about 1oz per hour which means this baby is only getting about half of what he needs.   I wouldn't hesitate to call the...
You did deliver vaginally the first time?  Are you certain you don't want to try a vaginal birth this time?  They usually go quicker the 2nd time.   I guess I'm trying to understand how traveling for a family centered cesarean is going to be less traumatic than attempting another vaginal delivery.    I had a great and truly respectful cesarean with my last baby.  I did not ask to hold him in the OR because I knew that the spinal anesthesia would freak me out (which it...
Both hospitals have really high cesarean rates but Morristown has a better VBAC rate (11.3 vs 5.8%).  Morristown also has a much better VBAC success rate (referring to the percent of VBAC attempts that are successful).  Only 42% of VBAC attempts are successful at Mountainside while about 71% of VBAC attempts are successful at Morristown.   That being said, you still can't factor out the impact of your care provider.  I think Morristown has a lot more providers that...
Well, the midwife has to be an authorized provider to get a referral to her on Prime or Prime Remote.  That doesn't mean she needs to be in network.  She just needs to be willing to accept what Tricare will give her.  With Standard, it doesn't matter if she is participating or non-participating.  As long as she is a CNM, Tricare will cover at least some of the costs.  Technically, a provider cannot charge you more than 15-20% of Tricare's allowable charges.  That could...
I am absolutely positive I did not pay any deductible with maternity care.  That info I disagree with it.  I used a non-network participating provider (midwife) in 2007 meaning they were not officially in the Tricare network but they file and accept what Tricare gives them.  I only pay $25 for that which included my 1 u/s, bloodwork, provider fee and hospitalization for the birth   In 2011, I had 4 u/s, bloodwork, Group B strep testing, hospitalization overnight and then...