or Connect

Posts by dlm194

Ohhh!!!  Wait a sec, I think I see where I'm in error.  MarineWife ~ you are saying the provider can charge up to 15 or 20% more.  That makes sense.  The midwives I used the first time accepted what Tricare gave them as a "service" to the military even though they weren't technically network Tricare providers.  With baby #2, I switched to an OB at 38 weeks.  Her office had never even heard of Tricare so it was all new to them.  Maybe since I was begging her help with a...
My babies were born in 2007 and 2011.  In 2007, I paid $25.  I only stayed in the hospital for 1 night after a vaginal birth.  In 2011 (this past Feb), I paid $75.  I stayed several night following a c-section.  The cost shares are a percentage of the allowable charges; I did not pay cost shares.  Tricare paid out over $10,000 for my c-section and they paid quite a bit for the 4 ultra-sounds I had prior to that (ECV attempts).   I was also hospitalized over night for...
Can't you just switch to Standard for a year?  Your baby can still be on Prime Remote.  I had 2 babies on Standard and paid $25 for the 1st one and $75 for the 2nd one (it was more because I had to pay for a few nights in the hospital since I had  c-section).  Deductibles and cost shares on Standard to not apply to maternity care.  As long as the midwife is a CNM, Tricare will cover it.  Otherwise I'd call Tricare or go to the nearest office to see about getting a CNM...
I missed pregnancy a lot after baby #1.  A little bit after baby #2.  And not at all after baby #3. I love the feeling of the baby kicking inside me but  pregnancy and delivery just kept getting tougher so I'm glad for all that to be in the past.  Baby #3 is our last and I feel so thankful I never have to go through it again!!
As much as i agree with using a good midwife and having an unmedicated birth, I do know a woman who suffered through a lot of these problems after a homebirth with a very reputable midwife in the area.  It was just one of those crappy things that happened.  :(  
How strange is that!  They never said a word to me.  Maybe because I was already using cloth diapers when the NAEYC people came in?  I would have just gotten a note from my ped that sposies were causing diaper rash anyway.  ;)
I used a NAEYC accredited daycare in NJ and they accepted my cloth diapers. In fact, they got accredited while I was there so they NAEYC people must have seen them!   Of the 7 daycare centers I looked at, only 1 said no (citing corporate policy which I later found out, from someone who worked in corporate, was BS).  I only send in Fuzzi Bunz or other pocket or AIO diapers.  I always got the "wide-eyed" look when I mentioned CDs until I showed them what I was talking...
You said it.  They can't force you into a c-section.  It might help to bring some of the research with you though. If your uterus can't handle a version, chances are it can't handle labor.  I'd rather find out during the version than during labor.  They are prepared for an emergency during version.    
In general, women with a previous vaginal delivery have a decreased risk of UR.  I'm just not sure about c-sections followed by VBACs followed by c-sections followed by VBACs.  That is a pretty specific scenario (I'm c-s, VBAC, c-s so I'd love to know as well).  The only thing I could find was references on this page:  http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/275854-overview  If you scroll about 1/3 way down, it has a paragraph  headed "Previous cesarean delivery with...
*nod* I know a few people that have had great birth experiences at SMC.  But not VBACs.  That’s the issue, unfortunately.  Most hospitals want VBACs to have continuous monitoring.  I think that’s one of the biggest obstacles for VBAC/natural birth.  If you can’t move around, it’s hard to have a drug free birth.  Most of the VBAC and natural birth friendly hospitals offer wireless monitoring which allows you to walk around and use showers, tubs, etc.  SMC only has wired...