or Connect

Posts by dlm194

Sorry, I can't give you any recent positive stories at Somerset Medical Center. :( They aren't too fond of VBACs there.  It will be continuous monitoring.  I just heard that Alison Stone is no long attending births there though that might be something to check on.    My best suggestion is to travel to a VBAC friendly hospital. I have a couple friends who VBACed with Brunswick Hills but the births included monitoring, epidurals, purple pushing on their backs and...
I don't think your personal insurance would prohibit a VBAC.  However, they might not cover health care providers or hospitals where you can actually have a VBAC.  There are malpractice insurers (for doctors, of course) that will not insure doctors who attend VBACs.  I have Tricare which is military insurance.  They had no problems covering my VBAC.  They covered my midwives since they were CNMs but they would not cover CPMs.  They would also cover homebirths with...
I forgot to mention that Capital Health is going (or has gone??) baby-friendly.  :)  That's a HUGE positive for breastfeeding!  One of my LLL leaders told me that Hunterdon is also going baby-friendly. I'm not sure if he would be an option financially but Dr Burbella at Capital Health is a really nice doctor.  He was the back-up doctor for my VBAC and, after talking to him, I was very comfortable with the idea of him doing a c-section if I needed one.  I know he does...
The negative about Capital Health is that their post partum rooms are small and the food isn't that great (unless you aren't due until the end of the year when their new hospital will be open!).  I was hospitalized there a month ago and it's seems like the food got a little better than 3 years ago though!  I'm  was thinking you'd probably have Medicaid and they are the only hospital/practice that I know of that takes Medicaid.  They are definitely willing to bring the...
Do you have medicaid?  I know Capital Health works with medicaid patients.  They have a group there (Capital Women's Group)  that pretty much only takes the medicaid patients and they are supposed to be pretty good with c-sections (they back up my midwives and my 3rd baby was supposed to be a scheduled c-section for breech but I wound up at a different hospital after a rather crazy labor!).
Risk of UR does decrease with increasing number of VBACs:  Labor Outcomes With Increasing Number of Prior Vaginal Births After Cesarean Delivery , Obstet Gynecol 2008;111:285–91 Brian M. Mercer, MD, et al. OBJECTIVE: To estimate the success rates and risks of an attempted vaginal birth after cesarean delivery (VBAC) according to the number of prior successful VBACs.   METHODS: From a prospective multicenter registry collected at 19 clinical centers from...
Ehhhh......  I don't really think it's higher risk.  There are only 2 studies (one by Bujold and one by Gyamfi) that show single layer sutures are associated with a higher risk of uterine rupture.  Both of them have a lot of flaws or scenarios that wouldn't apply to homebirth.   The Bujold et al (2002) detected a 4 fold increase in the rates of ur in single layer suturing vs double layer (0.5 vs 3.1%) but they used chromic catgut in a continuous locked stitch.  There...
Thanks!  :)  I do keep wondering if there is a reason that I'm not aware of.  Baby flipped breech the day before my 32 weeks appointment.  The midwives' attempts to move him in the office do not appear to have bothered him (heartbeat didn't go down or anything).  If something is going on, I'm hoping we can figure that out at the ECV.  I'm thinking about contacting providers about breech birth but I only want to do that if I know there isn't another reason for the breech...
I posted already but I've tried: - everything on spinningbabies.com (tilts, inversions, ice on the belly, flashlights/ music at the bottom of the belly, imagery, etc) - swimming and doing handstands - Hypnobabies Turn your Breech Baby CD (at least 6 times) - Chiropractic: 3 times Webster and 4 times Bagnell - Acupuncture - Moxibustion   Nothing has worked!!!  Going for an ECV on Wednesday but I'm not feeling optimistic.  :(
My LO is breech at 35 weeks and has been since 32 weeks.  I felt him/her move into the head up position.    :(  I've done Webster 3x already.  I started Bagnell technique last Friday.  I'm following all the spinningbabies.com tips - I'm sitting with a flashlight on my belly right now!  Baby is being crazy stubborn though.  :( I know I still have time but  really want this child to turn!  My midwife tried turning the baby in the office but he/she flipped right back.