or Connect

Posts by bri276

As the parent of a disabled 7 yr old over 50 lbs who sometimes rides in a double stroller with her 25 lb 2 yr old sister, if you have a halfway decent stroller, you really don't feel the additional weight unless it's steep uphill terrain. We just have the sit and stand and believe me, I'm not one for exercising, but I easily push that thing with both of them, even loaded down with luggage at times. It's not as big of a deal as some are making it out to be. We don't even...
Yeah, there is no way my 6yr old would do it. She has a very set idea of right and wrong, and usuing public bathrooms and porta potties is challenging enough for her already!
Eh, in the case of HIV/AIDS, there is a pretty direct link. The anti AZT people are overwhelmingly denialists.I feel sorry for the old members who felt so censored, edited and repressed that they left entirely.
Which one is it- the nonvaxing parents are so overwhelmingly high income that it doesn't matter if they have to take time out of work or pay for a dr appt, or they're so low income they're not even going to vax their kid to save the money for one dr appt? As you pointed out, there are free clinics.I think what people who fully vax might not realize is the usual response to registering your child for public school with an exemption. Dd1 has been in three different public...
If I has my second first, I would think I was not cut out for parenting. My first was an extremely easy, portable baby who slept whenever and wherever and never ever cried. She's now a very stubborn 7 yr old (she has SN so it's not anyone's fault, life is more difficult for her)... But I'm hoping that easy baby and tough kid might mean tough baby and easy kid this time, lol. I would probably blame myself or AP or being a SAHM...but they were both raised the same, and...
No one is going to call themselves an HIV/AIDS "denialist", of course.  They will deny that some or all of the HIV tests work correctly, or at all, or that the virus exists, or that AZT works, or say that AZT causes the symptoms associated with HIV/AIDS, and dream up alternative reasons for why people who refuse conventional treatment often die exactly the way mainstream medicine predicts they will.  And we can draw our own conclusions that way.
I didn't leave DD1 with anyone but DH until she was over 2- and only very rarely even then with my mom.    In retrospect, I had PPD and severe anxiety.  I also had one very easy going baby and didn't work!    Now both kids stay with grandparents and trusted friends regularly.
We go to Southeast Smiles in Seekonk MA but if you want anti-flouride, holisticness...that's not them.  lol.  However, they ARE great with kids and do good work.  Same with the Samuel Center in Providence (connected to RI Hosp).
http://providencecommunityacupuncture.blogspot.com/   Providence Community Acupuncture- I have heard good things, however, I have not been there myself!  I had an appointment to go in to help start labor but went into labor spontaneously :)    Dr. Donahue at the RI Eye Institute is very nice, though the wait list there can be long.  Everyone seems to get sent to Dr. Tien but his bedside manner is pretty awful (not just with my kid, my friend's daughter had...
With DD1 I was against it because I thought it was part of the early sexualization of children in our society.  But with DD2...I just didn't feel that way any more, and bought a cute bikini for her when she was just 9 months old.  I still wouldn't buy one that said JUICY on the butt, though!   It's really a lot easier to change diapers on a squiggly baby that way.   HOWEVER- if they're really going to get a lot of sun, I try to have them in rash guards for sun...