or Connect

Posts by bri276

I'm one who is uncomfortable NIP.  There's really nothing anyone can say or do to make it otherwise- it's how I feel, just like I feel slightly uncomfortable meeting new people or dealing with business over the phone or letting someone else clean my house.  It's not rational.  The best thing people can do is to reinforce that in their house, I should feel free to nurse wherever I am and not feel like I HAVE to go into another room, or just to smile and say they nursed...
Currently 1200, ranch, one unfinished basement room only accessible by bulkhead.  2 adults, 2 kids, one cat.  2 baths and technically a 3 bed, but we HAVE to have an office and there's no room anywhere else in the house for one.   We moved here less than a year ago, downsizing from 2400 and donating much beloved items because of that.  I HATE having less space, and I'm not thrilled with the layout, but we moved for the schools...and in the condo, we didn't have a...
The peds would know it's a pretty easy dx. Your baby does not look like he has the typical shape of eyes associated with DS. He does not even have epicanthal folds (though many people with typical chromosomes do, too).
I moved to the most expensive town in my state (and therefore live in a very small fixer upper!) so I could send my kids to one of the top 2 public schools in the state. Dd1 is in 1st grade and has special needs and yes, I have been satisfied. She has been in two other public schools before and while they were pretty good, I was not confident that it was the best I could do for her. This school goes above and beyond what is required by law. They integrate her with the...
My parents are baby boomers, but my dad had a slightly different experience because he was born in Italy and his parents were/are very old school Italian... Anyway, I was born in '82, not sure if I'm a genxer. ETA mine got a little too long and oddly specific....the bottom line is there was a huge lack of involvement, or even presence, from both parents for different reasons. Both put their own and their significant others ahead of their kids' needs after divorce and...
And here's one of the best arguments in favor of vaccinating when you live in a place where measles is not endemic. Babies and toddlers do eventually become teens and adults.But, since we have not had outbreaks in our area and since we rarely travel and have never traveled with the kids internationally, I felt it was reasonable to delay until age 6. It truly has nothing to do with Wakefield but I do have concerns re the *possible*, but relatvely unconvincing, anecdotal...
I'm sure the better sleep is related to the nursing.  DD2 has STTN several times ***for the first times in her life*** since I've started the weaning process.  She still nurses several times during the day, but is astronomically better about falling asleep with her dad rocking her or me patting her or just plain laying down next to me.  I'm actually shocked how well it has gone.  There have been tears and tantrums for sure, but they're improving compared to when she was...
Yeah- I feel like I can't do the leave with grandma thing for the same reason, she associates me SO heavily with nursing (in fact, I wonder, does she really feel safe and loved by ME without the breasts?) that it would never work.  I don't care if I was gone for a month, the second she saw me it would be "Diddies!!!"  lol.  Of course, because she needs to nurse to sleep, I have never even left her overnight before.  I have actually only stayed out past her bedtime once...
Subbing because I'd like to have "diddy" addict girl weaned by July. I deeply adore my sweet baby but nursing is kinda ruining my life. She still nurses like a newborn at 18 months. Sleep is awful, trying to go anywhere is awful, sex life destroyed, sick of feeling uncomfortable, touched out, and being the only person who can ever ever ever soothe her or put her to sleep. Even my work (wah) is affected by frequent nursing breaks. She is extremely high needs and once...
Dd1 is 6.5 and has been going to the dentist regularly for several yrs.  She has a genetic disorder and a pediatric orthodontist identifed her enamel as hypoplastic years ago, but she didn't have any cavaties until last year- then she suddenly had several.  This resulted in an abcess and $1,700 worth of dental work...   The two biggest issues I'm facing with her are grinding her teeth in her sleep severely- you can easily see the damage this causes as her teeth are...