or Connect

Posts by bri276

17 months. I was ep'ing.
some babies who cry a lot and want to eat frequently have reflux, did your pediatrician ever mention that or have you try out meds? sorry you are having a tough time. maybe there is a physical reason like reflux or allergies, or maybe it's something he will grow out of.
Quote: There is a lot of indignace at the very idea that THEY woud EVER hook up. Honestly, I would react the same way if I were accused of hooking up with Justin Bobby- he totally repulses me. I definitely believe Lauren and Justin that nothing happened. There was a conversation they had off camera where she denied it, as was discussed several times during the show. Quote: Either way, its really easy to make stupid judgments when you're...
very interesting discussion. I would like to say that I think it's actually more harmful than helpful when the message is "If you are uninhibited/centered/comfortable/educated/natural etc....you will have an easy birth." tack on "go to a chiro/acupuncturist/midwife/no midwife" or "at home/in the water/trying different positions", it's all the same message- "If you had a painful, traumatic labor or birth or otherwise didn't have the ideal birth, it was somehow because you...
Quote: 5. I still think the analogy holds...we would not smoke in front of an asthmatic, ignore the needs of a disabled person, or force an elderly person to stand while everyone else sat. Why then, would we not make any accommodation for a child? Is this part of how children are often second class citizens? IMO, it's the parent's responsibility. I want to raise my children. And when I'm done, I don't want to raise anyone else's children. I do want...
they can sometimes see a sac at 5 wks, sometimes not. but at 62,000, they should usually see something. that coupled with the bleeding does raise concern- it doesn't mean it's over. it means go back for your next beta and see what the numbers are doing, and either wait to see if the bleeding picks up or stops, or have another ultrasound in a week. or whatever you feel comfortable with.
Quote: (It's actually a joke, in a lot of NICUs, that because a majority of babies that come in there are white boys, they are "Whimpy white boys", it's funny in an ironic sort of way. I've known a handful of baby white boys who've had problems, but really no girls. So if you're white and having a boy, that's another thing to consider in this decision!) Yes, my mother is a pediatrician and has said the same thing. She said strength or health of...
I voted it depends. I want a homebirth for my next baby. I had a hospital birth for dd b/c my intuition was screaming at me. She was born with special needs and spent 5 days in the NICU. I really didn't have any interventions I regret or anything. It was fine for what it was and she needed not to be at home. I would do a homebirth in the hospital if I were living with relatives, like I am now, who I can't trust not to stress me out during labor. Granted, you can...
okay- I found one. Or at least, I found a resource for them and I have a meeting with one on Friday. I've read you should interview three but that sounds really exhausting! If I like this one, I'll just keep her. she has 25 years experience and already gave me some free advice- to write a letter to the school specifically stating I want an evaluation done on DD. she said to email it to her so she can go over it before I send it. I feel better already. I was worried...
the other irritating thing is, out of 11 kids who said they would come, only 6 showed? was it the parents who rsvp'ed or the kids?