or Connect

Posts by QueenOfTheMeadow

I've been thinking of the busy work and whether or not to have the kids do it.  I've been noticing that in standardized testing years, there is more busy work.  Some of it is more about teaching the kids HOW to take the test, instead of what the test is testing.  It's annoying and standardized testing sucks in general, but I think that it relieves some of the anxiety for the kids when they are comfortable with the set up of the test.  I would definitely have them do that...
I wonder this often!  I have three boys.  2 of them are gifted with learning disabilities. 1 of them is on the autism spectrum, high functioning, but had a lot of trouble early on.  It always seems like a struggle balancing all their needs! 
From a long time ago (my youngest is almost 10 now): Do not paint smiley faces on the wall with poop.   Recently with my oldest (14): If you run out of deoderant and have to use mine, don't leave hair behind!
Have you considered having a blood test done (IGg)?  From my knowledge this is more to test food sensitivities, considered different from allergies.  Like the PP, many times things aren't considered "allergies" if there isn't an immediate reaction, but sensitivities can take a longer time to show up, but have a significant effect on gastrointestinal and immune health.  Maybe you could do the combination, and if there is overlap, concentrate on those things. 
I have three boys, all intact.  We never retracted them.  All their foreskins retracted at different times on their own with no help whatsoever from anyone but them.  You are more likely to cause scaring and adhesions if you try to retract the foreskin before it is ready. 
The whole sports vs academic side of this argument has always interested me.  My boys play one sport per season or another group sort of thing.  Beyond that, I don't have the energy for.  If it's a regular practice day, they come home from that and they do homework.  There isn't time for tv, computer, etc.  They've chosen to do both and I expect them to keep both of them up, so they have to sacrifice other things.  Now, if they have a meet that's far away, etc, and they...
If one of the boys can't get their homework done, we just let the teacher know.  For example, "ds2 was really having a hard time getting all his math homework done.  So, I had him work on it for 40 minutes and then we called it quits."  I have never had any issue with a teacher when I've told them that.  But I have heard some teachers at other schools who say, "Well, they'll just have to make it up tomorrow."  Which is ridiculous, because they'll then have their homework...
FIN #16-GA If you have something for this family, please contact milagras.   What is your family situation? My husband has one leg, and it has had many staph infections lately, causing him to miss alot of work. His hours have been cut too anyway. He does his best to work hard on his one leg all day but it takes a toll.   Which holiday(s) does your family celebrate? Christmas, New years   Any allergies or sensitivities in the family (e.g. cat, dog, smoke)?...
FIN#15-NY If you have something for this family, please contact milagras.   What is your family situation? I am a single disabled SAHM taking care of my 7 children with just being on social security and a small amount of help. My family doesn't want nothing to do with us since the death of my husband . with me trying to keep the bills up I wont have anything for them we barely make it from month to month on what I do receive but I am trying my best so that is why I...