or Connect

Posts by hopefulfaith

We have a notebook like that, but it's so messy and a little outdated (one-time logins from a purchase in 2002, anyone?).  You have just inspired me to clean it up.  Thanks.  :)
Being decluttered made me feel better, honestly.  We were given 9 garbage bags (9!) of size 4/5 for my daughter.  They were stuffed full - I've never seen so much clothing in my life.  I kept about eight outfits and donated the rest.  I am sure I could have sold it or have kept more, but since the kids have gotten bigger, I've been keeping less for them.  They each have ten or fewer outfits, which really simplifies things for me:  storage, laundry,...
My kids get tangled in them, so they don't have one.  However, I'm also of the camp that gets squicked out when I sleep with a comforter without a top sheet, particularly if I think the comforter hasn't been washed --- a hotel doing that would probably leave me sleepless, too!! --- so I might save one or two for guests.  :)
Wow, I hadn't even thought about funeral plans, but that is a great idea.  The more I think about it, the more I think that when a few family members of mine died several years ago, the more the funeral home really stepped in and suggested a lot of decision-making sorts of things.  I think that they were being helpful and I think that it helped my MIL, who didn't want to make those types of decisions herself .... but I definitely don't want a heavy marble tombstone...
I think you handled it just fine.   If the parents are present, I tend to defer and let them handle it.  This is usually for younger ones, whose parents are monitoring them (usually) closely.   If the parents are gone, I treat other people's children the same way I would tell my own:  "Please don't do that.  (ds) is using that right now, but he will be finished in just a few moments.  Thanks!".  I try to walk the friendly/firm line.  Most kids respond well to it....
So, I've been thinking about (finally) doing our will, power of attorney, setting up trusts for the kids ..... all of that stuff we do just in case both parents die at the same time and someone needs to step in for the kids.   I'm trying not to be super morbid and I think the chances of both dh and I ending up simultaneously dead or incapacitated is quite low, but I think it would make me feel good if I got everything ready just in case that happened.       I...
Oh, its way more fun to read about it and look at beautiful, uncluttered photos on simplicity blogs.  ;)   Congratulations, though, on your progress.  How exciting!
That sounds wonderful.  :)  Will you post pictures?  I would love to see it.  That is a dream of mine.
I don't know, but I'll be listening for wisdom from some of the wise mamas here.  My 5 yo ds told me the other day that he did something that I wasn't entirely sure he did - he insisted he did it and wasn't lying, but I couldn't prove he was (though I suspected it).  I told him flat out that I wasn't sure I believed him, but that I hoped he was telling the truth.  "I AM!", he said, though he wouldn't look me in the eye.   I was sad, because this was really the first...
Thank you for your responses!  I will work on adding a protein/fat here.