or Connect

Posts by hopefulfaith

What a crappy day.  Week, rather.  DH is out of town, so I'm solo-ing, but had to give up my work shifts so he could leave on a moment's notice last week.  It's been a long week.  The kids "waaaaant (their) daaaaaaad!!!!!!" already, and it's only been eight days.  We've gone weeks before without him, but for some reason this time, we're all a little nuts this week.   It felt like I did nothing but scold kids all day ("You may not spray your sister with the hose." and...
I started talking about slavery with my kids over the past week, actually.  They're 5 and 4.  I have begun thinking about things that I want to make sure that _I_ teach them about (as well as them hearing about stuff at school and all), and social justice topics are high on my list.  The kids had heard briefly about slavery at school - Christian schools touching briefly on Israelites leaving Pharaoh/crossing Red Sea, etc. - and I did tell the kids about that.  We watched...
Take this with a grain of salt, as I'm not a midwife.  I'm a nurse who worked in a hospital with midwives (and was under their care for my firstborn).   The midwives I worked with worked very, very hard.  It was a busy hospital-based practice and they cared for the vast majority of uncomplicated pregnancies/births.  They worked as hard as the OBs did and took the same schedules/call.  Imagine your "typical physician" schedule (on call 24h, then seeing patients in the...
My dh is on a business trip, so ..... yeah, nothing.  ;)  My kids are 5 & 4, so they won't realize it's M-day, and we don't have family here in town.  I expect to wrangle two kids through church and do some laundry.  I will probably sneak some hershey's kisses out of the bag while my kids don't see me, though!!  
Interesting.  I kept wanting to qualify my answers in paragraph form.  ;)  Good luck with your research.  
I couldn't read and not respond.  Everyone else has already said anything useful that I thought to type, but I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your family.  It sounds like you've been to hell and back - you sound like an amazing, strong woman and the only thing I'm wondering is...are you able to take a minute now and then for just you?  Even if it's a cup of coffee before everyone wakes up in the morning, I hope you get a moment for you now and...
I like your question.  :)  I think the answer would be different for everyone.   When I was a new, first-time, overly sleep-deprived perfectionist determined to "do AP right" and all, I thought I had it all in the bag when I read all the right books and did all of the 'stuff' of parenting that I believed in.  I believed I was being a good parent by virtue of the fact that I nursed, coslept, wore my babies, etc.   It's been a few years now, and I think I have...
Great!  Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts.  :)     ETA:  Also, I appreciated the article.  That was really interesting.
My eyes bugged out when I saw 5-10% in your post, but I had to read on to see how it is now -- hooray for low normal!!!!!!!  Yippee!    You DO make beautiful people.  Your babies are just gorgeous.   I am so glad you're doing better!!!
Help an undereducated mama out.    I tried looking this up, but all I'm getting is stuff from the Egg Board or some such thing, and I can't help but think that since they're the representatives of industry that they're simply out to get me to purchase their product.   Can I eat eggs every morning for breakfast as part of a healthy diet?   I'm finding that two scrambled eggs every morning is a good way to get started and, combined with fruit/milk, keeps me full...