or Connect

Posts by captain crunchy

Wow, those are some very heavy questions. I don't believe anyone "deserves" to suffer as it relates to people who haven't harmed anyone else. In the cases of rapists and such, it isn't so much that I believe they "deserve" to suffer as I know that they will one day fully know the extent to which they have hurt others and that will cause them great suffering --either in this life or beyond (I believe in an afterlife though so ymmv on that). I try to remove myself from...
I am not saying I am never judgmental about anything, Lord knows I can be I just don't make it my personal plight to thrust my food rules on other children like the grandmother did in the OP. I think it is highly odd. I get the whole generational aspect, although I don't agree -- It is one thing to have a differing, or dare I even say, judgmental opinion. It is quite another to actually believe you are entitled to enforce it with someone else's child. That is the issue....
I really have a hard time understanding how people can be "made" to feel angry about how other people feed their own children or how they feel about nutrition? How is it anyone's business how others' feed their children?
Quote: Originally Posted by zoebird if her opinion is narrow, warped, or doesn't apply, why "respect" it? i would have said " DH and i agree that we enjoy living this way. we are a good family." in fact, i have said it to my MIL. I agree. I will go even further and say that I wouldn't play the games some other posters suggest. I would either say what zoebird said, ask her to leave if she can't respect me, or look her square in the eye...
I am in florida, east central Florida.. where are you (if you feel comfortable to share)? Welcome!
See, but I think it is one thing for a child to decide on their own they *choose* to believe -- even if they somewhere know it is not true, or even if they have put themselves in denial I think that is less... I dunno... manipulative? Forced? Contrived? I don't know the right word -- but it would be a completely different vibe to me if dd came to me and expressed, yes I know what you've told me, but I am choosing to believe regardless.
I would be so livid if someone treated my daughter like that. It is one thing to have "family" type rules for your home or belongings -- such as, "sorry little Janie, we don't jump on couches at our house" even if Janie is allowed to at her house or whatever -- but imposing your will over someone else's bodily integrity (imo) is completely over the line. I would clearly discuss this in the future with other families your daughter is spending time with. I know, you...
We have found a definite connection to dd (3.5) reaching milestones and crazy behavior -- namely sleep interruptions (she has been sleeping through the night for about a year now). It always comes as a surprise though -- like she will go absolutely NUTS and I will think, okay, she is about to do something great --- and then...nothing... then about a week later, boom she is writing more letters or something and I think ohhhhhhhhhh THAT'S why she woke up 10 times that...
I would have knitted it a bat sweater from homespun wool I dyed myself, squirted some breastmilk in its mouth for sustenance, asked the fairies to see it on its journey, then sent it on its way. No seriously, I would have done the same thing you did ... I don't hate bats or anything but I am not going to invite one into my home for the winter Don't feel terrible, you didn't like kill it in cold blood and you don't know it will die. Perhaps it found another place.
Wow, lots of vulva threads floating around Yes, we do vulva, vagina, anus, etc...we are completely not embarrassed or whatever about stuff like that. We think it is important to teach correct terms -- the only caveat being we taught dd "vagina" first because she pronounced that more clearly than vulva when she was smaller and we felt it important that she be understood to others should the need ever arise (God forbid). But yeah, she even knows urethra, and clitoris and...