or Connect

Posts by captain crunchy

No yoni, private part, coo coo, ya ya, yo yo or whatever else. My daughter has a vulva and we say it loud and proud. We used to call it her vagina because when she was little she said "voova" for vulva and I wanted people to understand what she was saying, should she ever need to tell a doctor something related to her vulva (or God forbid, an investigator... she could say vagina clearly). Now we use vulva and vagina pretty interchangeably, although she knows the...
Quote: It's a right. Yes, there are some who abuse that right, but that's the case with ALL human rights. When people start talking about who 'deserves' to procreate, we go into VERY, VERY bad eugenic territory. So, while it may not seem 'good' to let druggie, homeless men & women have kids, it's better than the alternative of having everyone go through a 'qualification' checklist that determines if one is fit to breed. I agree with this 100%.
You could compromise with hubby and name it something relating to monkeys without having monkeys in the actual name? Something like: Swinging from Trees Life in The Tree Monkey in the Middle (I know that has monkey in it but whatever I think it is super cute for a baby blog... ) I just named mine "Cupcakes For Dinner" because one night we ate cupcakes for dinner and thought, yeah, that about sums up my life
Baking is not at all conducive to the way I conduct my life -- that is, throwing a bunch of random stuff together and praying it works out. To bake, you have to measure stuff and time things and have a lot of ingredients. I got some organic cookie dough on deep discount -- they were having a sale for $2 each for 24 cookies -- and I had $1 off coupon so I got about 5 sugar cookie packs for $5 -- they are the kind you just place on the baking rack -- so I am going to do...
I agree luckiestgirl. I don't think it is my child's responsibility to participate in what we believe is a lie you've (collective, not you lol) told your children. I won't encourage dd to just scream it from the rooftops but I am not going to place the responsibility on her shoulders of containing the lie either.
I have seriously whittled down our Christmas card list to only siblings, older people in the family, and people I don't see on a regular basis. I use the environment as an excuse (all that paper and all) but really, Christmas cards were beginning to ruin my life from the time I thought about them in October, until I frantically wrote them out in the beginning of December, until I wondered if everyone got theirs on time. I simply decided I wasn't doing it anymore. It was...
Still looking for my perfect apron too --- people look at me like I have 4 heads when they ask me what I've asked of dh for Christmas and I tell them, an apron -- I've even had a couple of people laugh and I am like, no I am totally serious. I love the idea of sewing and I think I could be good at it but I don't have a sewing machine yet and well -- I am a larger lady so that would be a heck of a lot of hand-sewing and I want a beautiful apron. I don't care if it gets...
It was probably the same one, we are in Orlando
We don't "do" santa for about a bazillion reasons. I don't know how to present it without sounding like a freak because I am sure our family members think we are freaks -- but I don't care as long as they respect our wishes I think it becomes easier for them to deal with when they see that we do, in fact, go out of our way to create fun, meaningful traditions surrounding Christmas and during the holiday season. When you tell people you don't do santa, I feel as though...
Not me, cuz I did. Chronicled in my blog here