or Connect

Posts by captain crunchy

Was "the person" your mother? or more accurately, my mother? It sounds like something a mother or mil would say. What do you mean, impression?? Were you wearing them to a job interview or to your partner's fancy holiday party for work? If not, then that is just ridiculous to say. I'd keep and wear the shoes and not give a hoot or think about it again.
We don't wear shoes in our home. I would feel absolutely uncomfortable doing it -- we don't expect people to take off their shoes but we leave some hints in the way of us never ever wearing shoes, the shoes by the door, etc. I want to get slippers for people but I would never *insist* someone take off their shoes. Even when I had a crawling baby, if I don't think my unvaxxed kid can take a little dirt, what the heck did I do all that immune system research for, and why the...
dh says about aging > "beats the alternative".
Smile and nod. Donate. Repeat as necessary. Let child keep things they like so long as they are not toy guns or something. Dictating how other people choose to give to your child -- or dictating for your child what they should like or not or what they are "allowed" to have or not (if the only offense is you not approving, and not that it is truly offensive or violent) is as disrespectful imo as what you accuse of mil kwim? I mean, really. It isn't worth it one...
My sister and I are very close. We were close as children, then our relationship drifted apart during the teens and her early 20s (I am four years younger). Not out of anger or anything, just different paths in life -- as I got into my 20s we have gotten much closer and now we are both in our 30s (I am 31, she is 35) we are very close. I genuinely like my sister in addition to loving her, although she is a bit uppity at times (even she will admit that)
Are you kidding, that is awesome! Congratulations! I have no idea. Perhaps contact directly some blogs you admire who have sponsors and ask them?
Quote: Originally Posted by *violet* It's a Wonderful Life. Corny, I know, but it's my fave movie ever. Ummm... so *not* corny. It is my favorite movie of all time, so much so, that my daughter's name is Bailey. That is the best.movie.ever. Hands down. The acting is brilliant, the script is brilliant, and the storyline is timeless (a person's internal struggle and search for life's meaning).
Count me in on someone who embraces aging! Now, there are certain things I do not look forward to --- I really have no desire for my body to slow down or to be unable to do certain things -- or to ache places and such, like some older people complain about. I prefer my hair to be non-gray now, although I have only a couple -- but I could totally see myself embracing grey as I get older. I've always been overweight with stretchmarks so the "heartbreak" of not having a...
I'm so sorry mama. I used to be much like you and I have managed to change into an optimist. It is not an overnight process, and it is not easy at first. For me, approaching it like anything I wanted to get good at helped. In other words, if I wanted to learn how to ice skate (for a dumb example lol) I wouldn't just be able to waltz out on to the ice and be doing spins and whatnot. I would have to do a lot of falling, a lot of learning, a lot of practice, and it would...
My daughter and I have that 6th sense thing going on with each other, so that may be pretty typical for mamas and their kids -- especially mamas who are in tune with themselves and attached to their children as in the AP community. The other thing, hmmm... I dunno My theory on "past lives" is that I don't believe in them --- but I do believe that memories can be passed on. The same way you can have your great great grandmother's nose, those memories are passed down too...