or Connect

Posts by captain crunchy

Question for any business-minded mamas: Are patterns expensive? Do people buy vintage patterns? There are a TON at my local thrift store -- I mean, a ton -- for I think 25 cents each. Some are outdated, but many are vintage styles that would be popular today.
Hi all, popping back in! I want to see your HMB too Sharon - I can never get mine together -- I get on a kick where I love it, but I rarely use it. Instead, I have about a bazillion lists on old envelopes -- oh well, at least I am recycling right? A mama on another thread about play kitchens said that breast cancer was the best thing to happen to kitchen appliances -- which I thought was funny. She meant, she loves pink -- I would love to get some girly and cute kitchen-y...
I think that it is pretty disrespectful for grandparents to teach a child an ideology you don't adhere to or agree with, whether it is about santa or otherwise. It is one thing to say, "we believe or feel this way about this subject" and another to present something to a child as if it is just the way it is. I am doubting though, that the grandparents in question, believe a fairy comes in at night and leaves surprises in exchange for a lost tooth. My mom and I had the...
We occasionally kick this vaccine around -- dd is currently completely vax-free, but once in a while we will have a tetnus-freak-out (what we call them LOL) and consider it. We haven't done it though. I have always understood tetnus could only thrive without oxygen and if your wound bled right away, you were safe. I haven't had a tetnus booster since I was hmmmmm 12? I assure you, I have had many minor wounds since then with no ill effects It is something that is on...
Wow, that doll is too creepy for there to be an innocent explanation
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie oooh you totally sucked me it with that! I know, it looks all offensive and controversial doesn't it?
I forgot to mention that I also respect a woman who knows that no one is an island, and values the input from people she respects -- who uplifts and enjoys being uplifted (and acknowledges the occasional need/desire to be). I very much enjoy validating my women friends. I realize they don't "need" my validation, but I also know they appreciate being appreciated. I enjoy being the receiver of this as well. I don't think it shows a low self confidence at all.
Wow what a huge accomplishment! I don't believe I could write 80k words even if I were copying the phone book, my attention span is that short! You should be proud of yourself!! -- The pp is right, you can always go back and edit later.
Well, I am a magic stealin' mama We don't do santa here --- but surprisingly, it isn't because I had such a traumatic santa experience. My parents did santa and other than some manipulation (about being "good") it was a pretty good experience. I wasn't at all traumatized with finding out he wasn't real -- One year I believed, the next year I knew. I actually have pleasant memories of santa believe it or not. I also was on formula and rice cereal from 3 weeks old too...
Hmm.. I respect a woman who knows how to speak her mind without being ugly. I respect honesty and tact, compassion -- I really respect a woman who can laugh at herself and find the humor in life. A woman who is firm in her beliefs but is open to learning/hearing others' points of view. I don't respect wishy washy people who go whereever the wind blows though. I respect loyalty but I also respect the ability to dissent compassionately while still remaining loyal (eg, I...