or Connect

Posts by captain crunchy

I am on blogger for now -- I really like the ease of use and also, the fact that it is extremely well known and comes up easily in keyword searches (via search engines) . I am sure the others are just as good, blogger is the one I happened to start with and am keeping for now
You can read my blog! My recent post: A Christian, Muslim, Atheist and Jew walk into a bar...
Quote: Originally Posted by cjuniverse OP, if this were my child, not only would they have one hell of a f*cking angry family on their hands (seriously, my ex-husband would have their heads!), they'd be facing a lawsuit, a community activist sit-in, an investigative news report, and my child would never set foot on their campus again. Losing him was bad enough. Lying about it/blaming your freaking five-year old? No f*cking way. UNACCEPTABLE....
I am on blogger because it is easy for me. If you know html (or someone who does) you can make it look however you want -- so professional and neat looking would not be a concern. Then, it is a matter of preference. Blogger is wildly popular though and also it is a google thing I think, which helps with your blog coming up in google or yahoo searches (or maybe that is a bunch of hooey) but that is what I have heard
Quote: Originally Posted by 3pink1blue I haven't done much of anything to get readers, but I have them. Somehow I got noticed by a big mainstream blog (mainstream as in, crazy popular) and they featured me, and now I guest blog there from time to time. Also find blog carnivals to participate in, that will get you mad readers. You could join a ring too, which is another thing I did. I still don't make hardly anything, money-wise, from my blog, but I...
I love site meter!!
I would just let people read it -- blogs are constantly changing and evolving and if you never let anyone read it until it was exactly the way you wanted... no one would ever see it Well, at least that is how it is with me. I firmly believe though, that it is the writing that counts. I have seen the simplest of blogs that have been wildly popular (brilliant writing) and blogs with all the perfect graphics/colors etc, that are boring -- and everything in between! Just...
I would alert the local news media personally, if you aren't getting any results from the school officials (and it sounds like you aren't). Not to frighten or upset you even more, but a lot can happen in 30 minutes and if someone lost my kid for that long (a babysitter for example) they would never have access to my child again. What I am trying to say is -- no, you aren't the flip out mom who is over-reacting -- you are completely in the right and they are doing *nothing*...
I can't watch, that is horrible.
I would get a bed/crib ASAP. I would have my house perfect, and I would call the social worker and tell him you have "thought about what he said regarding co-sleeping and have reconsidered". You've bought a crib (bed) and would like him to note that -- and invite him to come see it if he would like. Seriously, even if it is complete and utter b.s. and your child sleeps with you until they are 10 (we still co-sleep so I get it!) -- this is not the hill I would die on...