or Connect

Posts by captain crunchy

OMG I love frost and tip!!!! I do my own highlights and I get so many compliments on them. I love responding with "my bathroom" when people ask "where I get my hair done" I love the cap highlights myself because I never have a danger of streaky, half-painted, orange or one THICK, one tiny highlight type situation. I pull similar thickness strands through over the whole thing (less from the bottom, sunlight generally doesn't reach under your hair ) .... I get a nice...
Quote: Originally Posted by savithny Exactly. Why does adding wheels to a harness somehow make it a better choice? Why is a harness "lazy parenting" but a stroller apparently *good* parenting? (note: I'm not anti-stroller, but I really don't get the way they're held up as the rational, kind, alternative to harnesses. I just don't.) I agree. The whole, "if they can't stay near me, back in the stroller they go" sounds awfully punitive.
Welcome to all the new mamas Don't feel bad for sharing or venting or whatever you need to get off your chest -- when I decided to jump in after months of lurking these women just welcomed me with open arms ... so welcome Nature, shay is right -- your *friend* is projecting, just remember that. I know it is difficult, but just remember when she says those things she is really projecting her reality on to you. You are a good friend and if she keeps insulting you and...
I am considering one also. I have no problem with them whatsoever if dd is agreeable and happily consents to one. Tonight we went to a big Christmas town tree lighting thingie and I lost her for about 10 seconds, a stranger stopped her from running away (didn't touch her or anything, just sort of stood in front of her for a split second as I was running up to her frantically. It was SO terrifying for me those 10 seconds, it was like slow motion. She does not like the...
Well, I absolutely love my mother in law and we get along fantastic... I think some of that has to do with the fact that she lives in another state I'm not kidding though, I really do love her but I am not the type who can hang out with people every day -- even if I like them lots or love them (I even need a break from hubby now and then for a few hours ya know?) What is the saying, familiarity breeds contempt? The in-laws come down for the winter (snowbirds) and stay...
Quote: Originally Posted by CallMeMommy Who else is hoping the OP was talking about them? I love getting pms and I almost always respond -- I love getting pms especially from people I admire or really think highly of based on their posts/opinions I have gotten a few where they actually pm'ed me to tell me they have agreed with me/liked what I had to say and I felt all high school cool kid club then
Irishmommy, be yourself. That is the best you can ever be. Again, I wouldn't bring it up purposefully, but if it is brought up by someone else, I would absolutely advocate for what you *do* stand for, not so much what you are *against*... but if someone is going to be "inappropriate" enough to bring up their planned c-section and fun circ stories up at a holiday party, your advocacy and support of natural births and leaving boys in tact is fair game as far as I am concerned.
Equally as inappropriate is the assumption that someone could get FIRED because their wife disagreed with someone else's parenting practices. To reply to the above, I would say that smiling and nodding as someone is going on about something that really means a lot to you (and you disagree) is pretending too. So, how is *keeping your mouth shut* not pretending? Would you be keeping your mouth shut as you looked disgusted, or would you smile and nod or what? I am seriously...
I dunno, I don't think there is anything wrong with noticing in a sexual way. People find people attractive. I might see a bunch of men and women throughout a day that I find attractive ...some *gasp* even in a sexual way. The issue here is (imo) the fact that while a subtle (KEY WORD) visual appreciation is natural --- leering, staring, harrassing, commenting, or holding another person responsible for your thoughts or actions IS NOT OKAY. It is beyond rude imo and not...
Dear Grandmother, Thank you very much for the thoughtful gift. Although we don't advocate punitive time-outs for our child, the 60 minute timer will sure come in handy for reminding me when a loaf of bread is done or when I need to baste my roast. With love, Karina (sorry, I edited to correct your name!!)