or Connect

Posts by TrinitysMama

I feel like I just got caught cheating on you, Summer! : One of the girls I talked to with the Club said she knew Midge. Her IW was a girl, though.
My cat was an only child for 5 years before dd was born. She has been pissed ever since. I really believe that a lot of it is jealousy. Dd is 4 now and the cat has mellowed towards her quite a bit. When dd was a toddler and would throw a tantrum, the cat would walk up to her, sit back, and smack her upside the head. She could not stand to hear dd scream. We called her "our little enforcer". The cat has plenty of places to go to get away from dd and will take off if...
Oh crap! Game wardens? Illegal hunting? Shows how much of a city girl I am. That never even occurred to me! Personally, I would go with a puppy mill terrier of some sort. I just look at my sister's sweet little puppy mill Yorkie and think that if I had to choose a dog to bite my child's face off - that would be it! The fact that it's sooooo tiny makes the biting so much cuter. It's like a furry purse-sized buzzsaw! (BTW...I posted a video of Tiger in...
Thanks, Joanna. Like I said, I have never seen one doing anything other than just sitting in one spot. I would love to see one in action - just not with my cat! That is just amazing about your friend's Danes. I bet that was a sight to see! The only thing I have seen Tiger viciously devour is a pile of poop in the yard. Oh yeah, and the kitchen trashcan. My cat's purely an inside girl with plenty of hiding spaces and places to get away from everything. IW's...
Late, but just wanted to throw in more Dane love. My Dane is my 4y.o. dd's best friend. See? http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...y/HPIM2036.jpg Oh! And because I can't resist - here she is entertaining my friend's puppy. Video
We were talking to people with the Irish Wolfhound Club at a festival this weekend and they seem like great dogs. They run a rescue and were falling all over themselves to talk to us after we told them that we worked with Dane rescue. Apparently a lot of them are Dane people too. Anyway, knowing that they are sight hounds and knowing that's a years and years of instinct behind it, how would they do with a cat in the house? The people with the club didn't really say...
Quote: Originally Posted by aMothersLove If it was over maybe a few hundred, then I would have her euthanazed instead. Seriously. Get a fish.
I would call your city's Animal Control department. I had to call them a couple months ago myself because I saw a bloody, mangy-looking stray running around. I think it was actually a coyote. It didn't really matter in the end because it took them over 3 hours to show up and that thing was long gone by then.: I have also called them before when I have found wounded birds. If the birds have a chance of surviving, the city will turn it over to one of the wildlife...
I'm feeding both my cat and my dog Nutro right now, but I am thinking Innova is going to be the way to go. My dog won't fill out and my cat is still scrawny and itchy.
Aww! Martha has the Springer that won, her Frenchies, and her Chows on her show right now! (I think Frenchies look like pigs! We have one that goes up to our local dog park.