or Connect

Posts by a-sorta-fairytale

My ex was agreeable so i put the minimum in writing and told him he could have extra time ANYTIME he wants with notice.  He has taken the extra time on his own 2 times in 2 years.  So, we go by the minimum and i will ask him to take them if i need him to for a special circumstance but i pretty much know he will just take them minimum and that is it.  C/S in my state is based on parenting time so this was more useful for me for that as well.  
I was mostly a good kid but my mom and i didn't get along because i wasn't compliant and nice like my space cadet brother and sister.  They skated along getting c's in school but were nice and complacent so it was okay.  Me getting straight A's, winning anything i entered into (writing contest, pageants, gymnastics, choir etc)  stressed my mom out.  She thought i needed to chill more.  She hated how type A i seemed to be.  She still thinks i try to hard and should just...
hmmm i think i originally joined in 2004 when my dd was a newbie.  i was on babycenter and their AP board.  there was a core group of us who we very crunchy and were tired of being too crunchy for babycenters ap board.  We all came to the "greener pastures" here and i've been here ever since.  I am on the pretty crunchy side of things and love not having to explain myself on a message board.  I was actually raised pretty crunchy.  When i was pregnant with dd i thought...
There is a brush called the tangle teaser that i got at Sallys for like $10.  My 4 and 8 year old can use it themselves.  This has cut down on a ton of fights.  I would try a combo of using this brush for her to do it herself and also maybe use dry shampoo sometimes and only wash her hair once a week?   I dont know if she would go for it my 8 y/o with sensory issues loved having her hair put in cornrows and keeping it that way for a few weeks at a time with just a...
Meh, i'll be the dissenting voice.  I have let dd put little fun streaks in her hair since she was 6.  When she did it ds (who was 2 1/2) really wanted some too.  So, in his bangs he got a couple tiny stripes of red and blue - maybe 1/3 of his "bangs" were colored.  My kids have medium blond hair so no bleach and i LOVE SPLAT dye.  They sell it at drugstores and it lasts forever and is a good deep color.  We have tried lots of colors but they have one box that comes with...
This is what i say as well.  "why can't we sleep at dad's apt?"  "you will have to ask him"  "why isn't dad coming with us to the xmas party?"  "hmmm, do you want to text him?"  
What i have noticed is this.   When i had one child everyone asked "when are you having another?  you cant just have one yadda yadda"  After 1 year of trying and a miscarriage and in the middle of stupid fertility treatments i just started snapping "yup the iui just isnt working, the clomid sucks  etc etc"   When i had one girl and one boy everyone said it was perfect and i had my perfect family etc.    Now that i have 3 people say "you know ASF  she has like...
this is a man who is willing to "sell"you his child.  I would not hesitate to do anything in my power to cut him off forever.
Just last week a new  waxing lady said "wow, you waxso nice and easy!"    
this reminds me of when i was ttc and going crazy.  I was part of a study for an ovulation kit.  The doctor would comment on how "pretty and clear" my urine was and also that i had the "perfect 28 day textbook cycle"  and then would scratch  his head about what a shame it was I wasn't getting pregnant.