or Connect

Posts by meemee

yes i would and i have.    for her to be aware that it is an option. i am a single mom surrounded mostly with working moms. dd has grown up seeing the norm of dc and mom's going to work. she has never seen me be a sahm. she has seen v. few sahm. ever since she was little she'd always say how she'd buy a big house for her and a small house next door for me so i'd watch the kids while she went to work.    i didnt want her to unconsciously take in that mother or not YOU...
WOW - 6 years!!! almost.    and a big HELLO!!!!
if we can reach the now dead black box we might be able to know.   but so far from the beginning it felt like a faulty plane error to me.  http://www.wired.com/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/
what i have seen with my dd is to look at the demands i am making of her. if its a chore = she whines. but if its a responsibility chore then she loves to do it. things like making dinner. doing the laundry. doing part of the grocery shopping my style (compare prices and decide). she was doing all this at 7. the thing is to give him tasks where he feels he is also a contributing member to his family. not just a child cleaning up his mess. if you can find a couple of taks...
yup yup. the breastfeeding looks so different age to age   from 4 to 9 bf looked sooo different for us.   there is not only how many times a day to how long each time. by four it had reduced to only at bedtime. maybe 10 mins. by the time she was 7 or 8 it was maybe a minute if that a few times a month.    on dd's 9th bday she saw a docum on bfeeding. she hadnt nursed for 4 months. she suddenly asked if she could nurse just to remember what it felt like. she tried...
bananas have both qualities. it can stop him up or make him go. if he has ripe banana (its got high sugar content) - that is when the skin starts looking bruised or with dark spots, THAT's when it wont stop him.   magnesium is a laxative. so if he has too much magnesium it can cause diarrhea and or nausea.    to be honest with you i dont really think coconut water is that great. for the amount of time its been packaged, its nothing like fresh ones (i assume you are not...
in the last 15 years since i've been in sunny CA - i have never heard of anyone's gas grill exploding. none of my friends or in any of the neighborhoods i lived in.   'coal' i would be concerned about a bit.   on wood here way less than 10 feet. 
if you smell it - inspite of pregnancy then its a good idea to use some form of deodorant.    dd's 4th grade teacher had to remind some kids to use deodorant. by 5th grade it was a class announcement. a few kids were using deodorant in 2nd/3rd grade (i volunteered, the kids told me stuff, that's how i know). some started their periods in 4th grade, but the majority started in 5th grade.    the thing is kids do get BO early. but not enough for us to notice. i was...
normal. normal. normal.    i have talked to teenagers who remember this stage and found it more difficult than when they were teens.    the only explanation i can find (mind you this is my own theory, many dont agree, but i feel i am pretty right about it  ) is this is the first teenie weenie beginning signs of puberty. the begining of hormone changes. i have seen far too many 6 and 7 year olds go through this phase. including mine.    here is the key - define...
hmm this is an interesting question for me.    if i just take the first year....    i never had just one product that was tops for me. throughout that year there were products that was no. 1 according to dd's need.   1. the swing - colicky baby - life saver 2. that baby vibrating chair - could barely get a shower while doing pantomime 3. medela breast pump - single working mom - the most precious tool i cant think of anything else. i carried dd in my arms or my...