or Connect

Posts by neverdoingitagain

The quote is from Voltaire, to anyone who was wondering   Karen, it could be part of the low carb flu stage of going grain-free. I'm not sure if the enzymes would be getting through to your breastmilk, you might want to check the Hale's forum or Kellymom.com to see if they have any info for about it. Most likely its from teething though.   There are a few good(quite a few lol!) blogs out there dedicated to paleo/primal/grain-free cooking...
Hi  I've been Primal for almost a year now. Great to see a new thread here on MDC! I have had a hard time with Primal this winter, mainly due to all the different little health issues that I have. Enough of them to get me very frustrated with my body even though I still try to eat as Primally as possible. I realize I need to eat a carb with every meal and I do need to eat every couple hours still, after my first meal due to reactive hypoglycemia. I have adrenal fatigue...
Is the joke that there is no joke? If it is, then it sucks 
I would like to +1 all that except the musical part. you are not Glee. Don't try, its just...wrong. 
I don't see anything unusual this time around...still looking though :)
Didn't her incident involve Ted Danson and his infamous black-face speech at her roast?http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_n26_v84/ai_14488564/
There was a thread in traditional foods for people who were Primal/Paleo/Grain-Free/Low-Carb (all of which would fit the low carb/diabetic diet requirement)   Books I would suggest are: The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson Primal Body, Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas The Diabetes Solution(also The Diabetes Diet) by Richard Bernestein Protein Power by Micheal and Mary Eades   hope that helps :)
When you get your FULL results back, check out this link and do the equations involved. Having an LDL level just slightly above norm, I'm sure you agree, is not as dire as your doctor seems to think. That would be like giving a statin for having a total cholesterol of 201 when the limit is 200.   I totally agree with your dh's theory that his numbers might actually be dropping. It would be a good idea to have his cholesterol checked in another 6 months. Then you would...
I'm not panicking, mainly because I live in the western prairies(and yet people here are panicking wth?) Iodine is only effective in preventing thyroid cancer, it can also be easily overdosed. The consequence of too much iodine is thyroid dysfunction which I'm sure no one wants to deal with.   The supplement of choice at the moment, if anyone is that worried. should be Melatonin. along with heavy duty antioxidants. But noooo...everyone wants iodine.
This month has been a bit of a wash for me. I need more veggies in my diet, I think my potassium and magnesium levels are getting low. I've been crap I shouldn't be since the holidays and had gained 5lbs. Which I lost went I stopped eating so many nuts. Kind of a "AH-HA!" moment for me. Too much sugar, too much gluten, too many carbs...but no coffee. I had a cup and a half since I quit. The half being cups I started but never finished. Couple sips in and I end up pouring...