or Connect

Posts by mollybet

I'm sorry that you've got this situation to worry about and hope baby stays put for many more weeks. BTW, I think we both post on another board together! I thought your username looked familiar, and I recognize the content of your post from reading there.
Welcome to the area! Here are a couple of local resources that might help fill your social calendar. The local API group meets in Roswell and has several outings and playgroups per week: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/apiofnorthfultonga/ It's a large, diverse group that might be helpful for connecting with other local moms. Holistic Moms Network meets nearby in Sandy Springs. I posted meeting details in the sticky at the top of the forum.
Sent a request from Molly.
Go bite your pillow! Pregnancy doesn't change my face, but I've noticed this in other people. Sometimes it can be quite startling. However, I love, love, love Guffman and quote Corky St. Clair all the time.
Still nursing my 5-year-old and my 2.5-year-old. The 5-year-old has cut back to only nursing once a day and sometimes skipping a day or two, so I don't feel quite so overwhelmed by pregnancy and tandem nursing as I did in the beginning. I'd be thrilled to only be nursing two people in January instead of three!
I'm sorry you're feeling unsure. Is your uncertainty related to selecting a midwife or something else? Feel free to PM me if you'd like. I'd be happy to try to allay your concerns with more details.
We're lucky to have several choices of good midwives in the Atlanta area! I've had two births with Claudia and am planning a third in a few months. I also attended a friend's birth with her that involved a pretty serious hemhorrhage. I can't speak highly enough of her skill and care.
La Leche League of Georgia (North Fulton): www.lllofga.org La Leche League is an international, non-profit, non-sectarian organization dedicated to providing education, information, mother-to-mother support, and encouragement to women who want to breastfeed. We offer an evening meeting on the first Monday of the month at 6:30pm at Cross of Life Lutheran Church in Roswell and a daytime meeting on the second Tuesday at 12:00pm at Harry's Farmers Market in Roswell.
Holistic Moms Network (Fulton County Chapter): www.holisticmoms.org The Holistic Moms Network is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization connecting parents who are interested in holistic health and green living. We encourage moms to trust their instincts, parent from the heart, use their innate sense of what is best for their children, live in balance with the Earth, and learn about the pros and cons of all healthcare and parenting options. We meet on the last Tuesday of the...
Are you on the Peach Cobbler's email loop: http://peachcobblers.blogspot.com/20...a-waldorf.html