or Connect

Posts by mollybet

Thanks for the suggestions. Kate, we've used Dr. Wynn in the past, but she wasn't a good fit for us. It's been several years, but she was anti-raw feeding and not as holistic in her treatment plans at that time as I'd hoped. Brittney, I wish I'd gotten your suggestion yesterday. Someone else recommended Pets are People Too as being holistic and raw-feeding friendly, but she didn't specify which vet to see. I ended up seeing the other vet there yesterday and was not happy...
Can anyone recommend a veterinarian (preferably in the Perimeter or North Fulton area)? I'd like someone that leans holistic or would be holistic-tolerant/ open-minded with my naturally reared, raw fed, unvaxed dogs. Our usual vet treats primarily with homeopathy, and my dogs have some dermatological issues for which I'd like to get a more Western opinion and possibly treatment.
I'm 11+ weeks, and I've told three friends and that's it. My sister just had her first baby on Wednesday, so I wanted her to be in the limelight for a while before we tell my family. I don't expect anyone to get too excited over baby #3, so I'm not in a big hurry to tell anyone. I did send my midwife an email today to let her know since I should probably start prenatal care in the next few weeks.
I'm in! Thanks for coordinating.
I'm interested in hearing what your plans are for scheduling the school year around the January babies. We're not planning to do anything formal this year, but I keep thinking we should start our informal routine this month in order to take a 6-8 week break in January/February. However, my only pregnancy symptom seems to be an extreme lack of motivation to do anything, so I'm not sure how this is going to work. I'd love to hear what others are planning to do.
My fishy pool has been present at both of my births and a friend's birth, but so far no babies have been born in it. With my first, I didn't get good pushing urges until I was standing and with my second, the baby came so fast that we didn't get the pool filled. It is in my back yard right now full of baby dolls and dirty water. I'm not sure what kind of shape it will be in by January. I may need to get a new one that might have better birthing vibes. Of course, my...
Check out Best chairs. They have a nursery series as well as their regular lines that can be ordered with a swivel/glider/recliner mechanism. They are super comfy.
I've nursed my girls to sleep many times in a big, comfy rocking recliner. The only problem was that unless someone was around to take one of them, I couldn't get up and would be stuck in a chair for a while. It was hard for me to nurse my two to sleep at the same time lying down when the little one was a newborn, but once she got a little bigger and stronger, I could lay down and nurse them both to sleep and then slide my way out. I'm going to need to sprout a third...
I live in Sandy Springs and lead the Holistic Moms chapter here. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions. It's a nice place to live for easy access to most of the Metro area. However, it is also very congested. Median home prices are in the mid $400s. Many of the local schools have good test scores if that's how one chooses to define good schools. We're homeschooling. In my opinion, the general vibe of families around us is very academically focused and rat race-y....
Please join us for our monthly Holistic Moms Meeting! This month's topic: Traditional Nutrition: Part 2 Location: Sandy Springs Regional Library, 395 Mount Vernon Hwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30328 When: Tuesday, May 25, 6:30PM Guest speaker: Heather Tubbs We'll be meeting in the main meeting room this month. Back by popular demand! We just scratched the surface of this topic last year, so we're bringing Heather back to share more about the research of nutrition...