or Connect

Posts by mollybet

I think I'm pretty much set. I'll order my midwife's supply kit in a few weeks, but we can re-use most of the other items from last time like the pool, pump, adapter, hoses, tarps, mattress pads, towels, etc. I also have some watercolor paper for placenta prints, a stamp pad and "born at home" certificate, and some "born at home" t-shirts left over from a friend's homebirth that I attended a couple of months ago.
Quote: Originally Posted by wife&mommy Spotlight on Mollybet! How did you find MDC? What's your middle name? How many kids do you want? What part of the country are you from? What are your birth plans? Have you bought anything for the baby yet? Ack! I'm popping in from time to time, but I'm slammed at work right now. I'll get back in a couple of days.
Congratulations!
I'm game.
Thanks for volunteering, Erin!
I'm sorry you're having to deal with all this right now. Maybe you could get a referral from someone in your tribal area?
I bought a dozen Kissaluvs size 0 because the outlet was stocked, and I was afraid it wouldn't be again before baby comes.
I'm up for it. I can't imagine my 22 month old weaning before then, but I guess I need to be open to that possibility too.
Quote: Have you checked out her other book, Ina May's Guide to Pregnancy? It's great & not as hippylicious. Baby Catcher is AWESOME, it made me laugh & cry & I could not put it down (the 1st time I read it, that was about 6 reads ago now, geez am I obsessed much?). The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth Birth by Henci Goer is extremely informative & well written & every single pregnant women in this country should read it. Some folks really dig Birthing...
Oh, I'm plenty into hippy dippy. It's the hands-on birth assistance of the Farm midwives that is driving me nuts. So many internal exams! It seems like many of the moms give their midwives so much credit for their birth experiences. And the things the midwives say to some of the moms like the one about how the midwife started telling the mom during labor about how her birth experience was so much more intense than the birthing mom's or something like that. And another one...