or Connect

Posts by paxye

I never returned to work after my 1st was born... but I can answer for my DH... the first two he only got 2-3 weeks... The last two, he had, and took, 7 months of Parental leave.
Quote: Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl I don't see how parents paying attention to what is going on with their children is micromanaging. Or perhaps is is...but I guess I don't see the problem. I'm not saying that we ignore the kids, but we are not always in the room "supervising" all interactions at all times... We can be upstairs in the kitchen when the kids are in the basement and we can keep an open ear and check in on them... To...
QUOTE]Since becoming parents, my husband and I decided to be very interactive parents. We plainly believed that all children misbehaved and need to be guided to proper/polite behavior; we also believed the one(s) responsible for such guidance were the parents. Moreover, if its quality you want its quality you have to give- in essence, you only get what you put in. Following this line of reasoning, if unsupervised, our child would interact improperly with others, would not...
We're french-canadian... My mom: Mamie DH's Mom: Grand-maman My dad and DH's dad: Grand-papa (though my kids call my dad "Grand-papa with the Oxygen" because he has an oxygen tank) My step-dad was Pops My Mom's mom: Mémé My Dad's mom: Grand-maman "Lastname" Dh's dad's mom: Grand-maman "Lastname"
Are you sure it is constipation? Is the poop like little pellets or is it more normal? If it is normal then it is not constipation.. My oldest was very regular.... he would poop at around 3pm every 10 days until he was almost a year and eating more solids... it was his normal... My dd is 9 moths and she goes in the morning, every 2-3 days... My two others were more on a daily schedule.. I wouldn't worry about it...
They didn't have the Linerz out when I used them... it was still a very new and unknown company... So we used just socks and when it was very cold (like -20) I would put an extra pair of socks or slippers on... I can see how the Linerz would be useful though... so I wouldn't rule them out...
We have used the Stonz and loved them... we don't put shoes in them though, it would have been too tight and just the boots themselves are warm enough even for Quebec standards.
My 8 year old still has accidents... he just doesn't wake up... he was PT at 3... I EC'd my other three... DS#2 was dry at night before a year... DS#3 around 18 months... DD is 9 months and has been dry at night since she was 3 months old. If she needs to pee she'll tell us and we'll potty her... but she sleeps though most nights and stays dry..
Nursing non stop for 8 years and 4 months now... Started nursing DS in July 2002 Ds#2 joined him in Sept 04 Ds#3 joined both of them in Nov 06 Ds#1 weaned at about 5 1/2 DS#2 weaned also at 5 1/2 while I was pregnant with DD DD joined ds#3 in Jan 10 Ds#3 is almost not nursing anymore (he will be 4 next month) So I am almost down to just nursing one again.. It is hard to imagine that I have been nursing two or more for bit more than 6 years...   eta......
We skip it... I have never owned or offered a bottle.. we used to have sippy cups but we just start with real cups now... offer to drink water from our cup and then start to offer a small cup with small amounts of water when they are a bit older...