or Connect

Posts by paxye

I agree... it may very well be a growth spurt, or something changing in babies life (more aware, starting to turn over etc... that often is the cause of babies waking up again more when they start to crawl or walk)... It could be hunger, it could be thirst... she might also be waking to pee... I don't agree with any of those sleep books... all kids are different, if all babies were meant to STTN then they would do it and there would be no need for books... How do...
Quote: Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma It stands for Baby-Led Weaning, basically nursing until the child decides to wean rather than a specific cut-off age. No, that's CLW (child-led weaning) BLW (baby led weaning) is forgoing purrees and being parent fed and instead going straight to finger foods and small pieces and self-feeding...
We don't eat out a lot but having a baby of any age has never stopped us when we wanted to go out... I just use a wrap/sling carrier and both DH and I will take turns holding the baby...
Quote: Originally Posted by busymama77 What I don't get is - not you, per se - but those that can spend $200 on a carrier or a wrap. But to each their own. Well.. sometimes it is about quality... the only carrier that worked with ds#3 was a very sturdy woven wrap that cost about 200$... He was a big baby at 42 lbs at 12 months and I was not going to miss out on all of the benefits of babywearing just because of his size. We also def. see...
Our family has a loose routine... Get up (when you want unless we need to be somewhere) breakfast, tidy up, lunch, supper, quiet play... then sleep... I have never had nap times or scheduled times to eat.. we eat when we are hungry, sleep when tired... Babies just follow our routine and sleep when they want/need to... easy, no fuss, no worries... I honestly coud never have a schedule in my house, it is too restrictive and doesn't allow kids to get comfortable...
Quote: Originally Posted by junipermuse I just wanted to say that if someone had said this to me when my daughter was little I would have cried. My daughter even at 3 doesn't just fall asleep when tired. She gets more wound up the more tired she gets. Yes eventually she would pass out, but only after screaming and crying for hours in our arms. If she doesn't have dark and quiet she WILL NOT SLEEP. She could seriously go on and on for hours. And honestly...
Quote: Originally Posted by KistheMum The only thing I would add... That which you resist persists. From "The Game of Life and How to Play It" by Florence Scovel Shinn: "The old idea was if a woman did not worry about her children, she was not a good mother. Now, we know that mother-fear is responsible for many of the diseases and accidents which come into the lives of children. For fear pictures vividly the disease or situation feared, and these...
We never supplemented our babies. I would think that would affect the virgin gut and allow them to be more vulnerable.... I have had babies in July, Sept, Nov and Jan... I supplemented myself if I felt that I wasn't getting out enough.
I am also wondering why this is such a big deal to many... To be honest, I didn't even know that kids were graded for homework, I am not that old, but it was not like that in the the schools that I attended (many) until I was in the higher grades and then CEGEP and University... In the article I shared before with the parents in Alberta signing a no-homework contract with the school it was well laid out how it can work... There are no repercussions for not doing the...
as a pp said, Aubainerie is great esp for hats, mittens, sweaters and coats etc... they also have some woolens... by experience you don't need much individual warm clothing is you are going to layer... Many people overdress babies and kids in the winter... and they can overheat quickly...