or Connect

Posts by paxye

We are homeschoolers but this reminds me of something that was in the news last year... http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/sto...-students.html They signed a contract with the school...
I am a big believer in no set bedtime, especially for babies... but instead watching the baby (who coincidently often fall asleep around the same time every night)... for us that meant that there was no stress about when my kids "should" be sleeping, no tears for them and enough sleep for every one. 3 hours of trying to get a baby to sleep most likely mean that baby is not tired at that moment... so I would get up, eat, do my thing and then try again when baby has...
Because they are all different and have their specialities... Stretchy wraps are great for the first few months but then don't work anymore and they can't safely be used for back positions etc... Woven wraps are a great all round carrier but are a bit longer to put on for some... especially when a child wants in and out... Ergo/MT's etc are great for older babies... fast in and outs but are still limited... Slings are great for hip position and tummy to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Needle in the Hay Wow, thanks! I have heard of freres lyon and defimath sounds familiar, but I had no idea it was free. We need some stuff on paper to show the inspectrice when she comes and this looks like something my son would have some fun with. The program that the brothers made is a great program... it is sad that the schools won't pick up on it because it is really focused on the child's way of learning. Not...
oh.. and I don't check anything anymore... I see that she is growing and gaining weight, is changing and developing... I am confident that if something is wrong I will feel it and if I have a feeling I don't have any qualms about getting it checked out..
We don't do WBV... I did them with my first for the first year and then stopped... My 2nd and 3rd didn't have any WBV, but have seen a ped. in the past when they needed it.. #4 is almost 8 months and hasn't seen anyone yet...
Quote: Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife My brown rice comes out perfect in a rice cooker. Mine too
I'm 5'3" and I wear size 10.5-11
I know of a great resource but it is only available in french... You can use an online translator though and that would work... the whole program is free. http://www.defimath.ca/lexique.html it is all about logic and the way that kids learn... I have heard only good things about it...
Mine does... she falls asleep at about 8-9pm, we wake her to pee when we head to bed but she is starting even to not wake up for that... She wakes up to pee and nurse at about 6am... This has been her cycle since she was about 3 months old... before that she would wake to pee and nurse at about 1am... My first was also STTN starting around 8 weeks... My 2nd and 3rd didn't STTN as infants but they would just wake to nurse once or twice and never really woke up...