or Connect

Posts by paxye

Quote: Originally Posted by rmzbm Your baby. Just tell her NO & that it isn't up for discussion. another : my MIL said all of the same things and so did my FIL... at first I used the breastfeeding excuse etc... finally I just said that it wasn't up for discussion anymore and slipped in a comment like "when you stop smoking"... which is a big issue for me... I also said that they are welcome come visit at anytime... Anyways... we don't...
It is hard... I know too.... take care of yourself and give Guy some extra big cuddles...
until my kids are out of the home....
Quote: Originally Posted by North_Of_60 Do you have a link on how to do a back cross wrap? I have a Moby and I think it's just too stretchy, because it NEVER feels secure on my back. I end up using the MT on my back but the straps aren't as comfortable as the Moby could be. I need some good direction on how to do it!! This is the way that I do it.......
Thanks for the hugs everyone... Angela... thanks for thinking of me... makes me feel loved : I am doing good... I am having a lot of pelvic pain and am quite uncomfortable but otherwise doing good... I am looking forward to the birth and to meet the new being that has been growing inside these last few months... There are so many emotions that come with the birth of a new babe and I feel that this time I will really have the chance to experience them... with a good...
fourlittlebirds... thank you so much for your post... I believe that I am understanding more and more my own need to birth in privacy... Like I said before, I understood the comment but did not see it that way... I think that is because I was never able to let myself go into that mode because their have always been too many unwanted eyes and hands in my past births... this time, I plan for things to be different...
I don't really see birth as a sex act but I do understand the comment... I do see birth as something private however... My mother was at my first birth and brought a lot of negative energy... I didn't want her at the second birth but she guilted me and threatened me and finally I accepted for her to come and take care of ds (this conversation took place while I was in labour) This time I made it clear that she will be called only after the birth and may come...
LJ... I am coming in here late but I have to say that I totally understand where you are coming from... I don't have a healthy relationship with my mom but she was still around at the last two births... one by choice and one that she forced her way in.... This time I told her that I would call her after also... we had a big fight and even the last birth came up but I think that she finally understands that it is my choice and that I am not going to back down......
My mom and I have a very rocky relationship... we can't be together long without arguing and she is often a very toxic person to be around... She was there during my last two births... My first birth I wanted her there... or at least I was led to believe that I wanted her there... she really annoyed me most of the time, and sided with the midwives and helped them talk me into things... I wish I could have told her to leave but I was fighting other things and didn't...
I had two posterior babes.... First labour 49 hours : Second Labour 22 hours Hopefully the time will be cut in half again this time... I would love a labour that take less than a whole day...