or Connect

Posts by Moukii

Primavera has a great one that I've used on both my kids since the were tiny. It's organic and has Citronella, Cedar Wood and Tea Tree oils in a wonderful organic base moisturizer. http://www.saffronrouge.com/s.nl/c.A...t.A/id.1760/.f There is also an oil blend. You can put this on clothes (not good clothes) to keep pests away if you don't want to put anything on their skin.
Gee, I feel like my mother. Before starting any business, plan it to the end degree. Here are some questions to answer (in no particular order): Who is your ideal customer? What does your ideal client do, look like, act like... What ideas do you have to get customers? How many customers do you think you'll get? What type of business do you want? How busy/not busy do you want to be? Do you have an tremedous amount of determination? How do you handle...
Making essential oils is a craft that really only a master distiller should do. Oils are therapeutic and very powerful after all. But, that said, you can of course make your own skincare, etc... Hair Oil treatments: Add a few drops of Lavender or Rosemary to Olive oil or better yet Avocado Oil. Massage it into your hair, leave it on 20 minutes to an hour, then shampoo out. Skin Care: Use oil as a moisturizer, get Rose Hip Oil or Evening Primrose Oil and blend...
I just did a piece about "Balance" for a magazine. It got me really thinking about how I balance things and keep centered/focussed. The piece was related to managing companies, kids and life. Here is what I came up with for me: 1. Kids and family come first and are most important. 2. Do something you believe in. You can invest your time, energy and money into anything you want. Do something that makes a difference. 3. There is always another way. Never...
Just wanted to add that they are both fine even at higher doses than you'd probably take. (I went to Uni in England for Phytotherapy).
I just wanted to get a few opinions. I am extremely busy. I have two children under age 4 and run two companies. SaffronRouge.com and a non e-commerce company. I work very hard to keep things in balance. I'm lucky because I have an outside office and an office in my house. I can be a little flexible. If I have no meeting slated for the day and I do my thing from home because I have great staff back at the office. When I work at home, which is often, the kids...
It's interesting to hear the different situations. I work full time from home and have a 2.5 year old and 6 month old. We recently hired a nanny to come from 9-5 and be with the kids. Before this I found it extremely stressful, challenging and not fair on the kids or me. I wouldn't find a way to balance everything but still get what I needed to do done. I own two companies, one of which just rapidly expanded - so I need to work. But, at the same time, I could never...
I've "heard" that if you roast almond it actually makes the calcium in them more absorbable. Who knows though.
I cut out sugar (unless organic cane juice), wheat, and cow dairy and the weight just shead off. I became aware of snacking too. I say cane sugar because I still cooked with it but it made me more aware of how much sugar I'd inadvertantly eat. I think being aware made me unconiously cut back. Same with snacking. And I'm a chocoholic - still am so I didn't sacrifice there. In 1.5 years I lost 45 lbs and have kept it off for over a year. Now I loose about 1 to...
For food testing, some alternative doctors do it. you can go to Naturopaths, some homeopaths, most holistic practitioners.