or Connect

Posts by Junebug

Thanks for all the suggestions! I ended up getting a small, widemouth Kleen Kanteen for soups, etc. & have been using babyfood jars for little finger foods. So far, so good! This is the lunch basket she got in case anyone's interested ~ they're beautiful! http://www.snapdragonbaskets.com/index.asp?PageNo=1
...We're new to all this so I wasn't sure where to post this, cross-posted in natural home. DD is getting ready to start at a waldorf-based nursery school & must bring her lunch. My mom got her a beautiful lunch basket but I'm not sure what to put in it. Does anyone have any light-weight food storage suggestions for me? I want to avoid plastic containers & bags but don't want her lugging around anything too heavy. I wrap sandwiches in wax paper & she has sigg...
DD is getting ready to start at a waldorf-based nursey school & must bring her lunch. My mom got her a beautiful lunch basket but I'm not sure what to put in it. Does anyone have any light-weight food storage suggestions for me? I want to avoid plastic containers & bags but don't want her lugging around anything too heavy. I wrap sandwiches in wax paper & she has sigg bottles for drinks/soup but I'm a little stumped on how to pack loose foods like raisins,...
Quote: I love it on homemade popcorn! (I know it was previously mentioned) I like to melt organic butter on the popcorn, salt it with sea salt, and then douse it heavily with Nutritional yeast. MMMM! It rocks on popcorn! We sprinkle a little bit of Braggs liquid aminos & then dust it w/the yeast...the Braggs helps the yeast stick to the popcorn & it's a healthier option than butter/salt. I lived on this during my pregnancy & dd would live on it if...
I still nurse dd (2.5) openly. As a seasoned NIPer, I like to think I'm pretty discreet but I'm not hiding in a corner or under a blanket- KWIM? I notice disapproving looks more often now that she's a "kid" but agree that people need to get used to seeing it to get over it. That said, dd is very perceptive & dp worries that she'll pick up on the negativity before too long. I hope not.
We love these guys...check it out! http://www.cricketmag.com/home.asp
Ankle. You'll have to re-ink it occasionally if you go w/ the foot. I have some work on my feet & I kinda regret it now. They looked beautiful there...for a while.
I'm looking for training pants for a scrawny toddler. She's about 28 lbs... long & skinny. Any brand suggestions?
I'm looking for some info about Horizon dairy products. There was a thread a few months ago re: the "Greening of Walmart" that had some awesome info about Horizon being bought by Dean & that fact that they are in violation of organic standards. Someone posted a link to a site that gave report cards to organic dairy companies. It was soooo informative & I NEED those links. My mama & a close friend very interested & I can't find the thread now. Help mamas! :
If you think that's scary, you should see my Blythe dolls. My dearest friend has limited edition print of Sympathy by Ryden that she paid a small fortune for. I can't take my eyes off it when I'm there... It makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside. I don't get people who are afraid of art. :