or Connect

Posts by CaraboosMama

Wow!  It's really NOT awful....but maybe my OP was on a day that I was overly frustrated;)  I love laying down with her at bedtime & hearing about her day, etc...we have started doing some rewards since I first posted and so far (one week) so good:)  
I think that they are making a choice about the child's gender, rather than letting he/she develop on his/her own.  Choosing no gender is still a choice - and it isn't the child's choice.  I think it is healthier to teach a child that being "male" or "female" is what you make of it, not what any society says it has to be.  When my kids talk about something as "for girls" or "a boy game" - I ask them if you need a penis or vagina to do it!  They think this is hilarious &...
I just posted about the same thing as the OP & I think we may have to experiment w/ a later bedtime.  The fact that it is SO bright out now doesn't help!! 
Hey!  So....I was wondering for those of you who have done family bed, nurse/rock to sleep, etc. from the beginning...at what age were your children able to fall asleep on their own?  DD 7 and DS almost 5 sleep in a combination of their own beds and our bed (i.e. they usually start in their own beds, but are always welcome to come in our bed if and when they want to.)    With DS, we read to him & lay with him until he is nearly asleep (usually a 1/2 hour all told). ...
Nina Planck's book about nutrition during pregnancy (Real Food for Mother & Baby) is a good one for pregnancy, post-partum & toddler nutrition from a TF perspective.      I think there is a certain amount of "this is your body type" that does not change despite TF eating...but there is a big difference between a well nourished, muscular & lean "apple" body type, and an overweight, SAD eating "apple" - does that make sense?   Eating traditonally has definitely...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla It could be that UP isn't providing your household with enough structure right now, and you might need to establish some basic routines to keep yourself from being overwhelmed. It also sounds like you simply need more "big person" help around the house. Even a 10yo could help you pack up things for Salvation Army or watch the kids for a few hours while you got work done (or used the time for a breather), as long as you...
Yes! It's not so much the overblending - but definitely the freezing/thawing. The idea is to do the green smoothie for the day you will eat it - not lrg amts. It's still better than many junk food alternatives, but fresh would be better
Planning dinners before I grocery shop helps! Breakfast for dinner is fast (eggs, bacon, etc). Using the Crockpot is good too...and then we usually have leftovers for lunches. If I do a roast chicken on the weekend, I do two that way we have leftovers for quick meals (chicken salad, some type of mexican/taco dish, chicken & rice casserole) and I have the carcasses for making stock/soup. If you can get good chickens near you for a reasonable price - it's pretty easy to...
For some people, limiting or eliminating dairy can help. Usually, I'm pretty pro-dairy (or at least pro RAW dairy!) but I know when I over do it - my fibromyalgia flares up quite bit. Hope this helps!
FWIW, If you are looking to lose or maintain weight, I wouldn't worry about getting "enough" calories. If you are listening to your body's hunger signals & eating well (ie TF) your calorie intake will naturally vary depending on that day's needs. eta - I noticed from an earlier post that you are not looking to lose...still, I wouldn't worry too much about how many calories you are getting/not getting as long as you are satisfied & eating good stuff.