or Connect

Posts by rebeccalizzie

I'm CD'ing out of necessity--I was going to use disposables for the first few weeks but he pees too much for the newborn size (they leak--both Huggies and Pampers) and he doesn't quite fit into the size 1's. Honestly, it's been VERY trial and error here. Prefolds and covers were a bust--he gets poop on the cover every time and I don't have enough covers to get me through a whole day like that. Most of my newborn fitteds aren't absorbent enough. DEFINITELY the newborn...
Date + time of Birth: July 11th, 2:20 PM Username: rebeccalizzie Edd: June 28th Baby Name + Sex: Mitchell, BOY!!! Gestational age: 41w6d Weight + Length: 8lb 15oz, 21.5 inches
I so sympathize. One of the MANY reasons I keep thinking to myself "I'm SO glad I'm not pregnant anymore" is the stop and start labor I had off and on for two weeks before he was born. It's just miserable. I hope yours ends soon!
I am and am doing abx too I'm not thrilled about it, thrush concerns me, but I'm going to pound the probiotics--I have some for the day I go into labor, and I'll keep taking them all week.
I was officially due on the 28th, but I joined the July DDC from the beginning, figuring I'd go over again. And I did, but it really isn't helping me now that I'm at the end! Expatmommy that is exactly how I feel--every morning I wake up and am disappointed. It did NOT help that last Thursday the baby dropped and I was having contrax, and we thought that was it...and he managed to scoot back up and the contrax stopped. Sigh. He dropped again two days ago, but no...
I'm not too worried about a precipitous birth, but hopefully I'm not overconfident! None of the women in my family have fast births, and I had a nice long slow ramp up with my birth with DS--I was in labor 7 or 8 hours before I hit transition. Hopefully that will be the case again, it worked well for me in terms of being able to manage the pain.
I'm doing a LOT better. I felt like crap last week, tons of contrax and no sleep, so honestly I am okay with being late now that I'm not so miserable. I was thinking *maybe* today because he dropped, but he's super squirmy and I don't feel labor-ish. So at least another day or two! My doctor will "let" me go a full 2 weeks, and then possibly a little longer if the NST looks good. So he *should* be born by the 12th at least.
Quote: Originally Posted by Terrilein I haven't had anyone call to ask if the baby is here yet . . . well, except for . . . DP. Yup! He called me from work yesterday afternoon because he seriously thought I would be going into labor after having such a rough night and not tell him. Okay, you beat me, LOL. And I thought it was bad that my MIL thought I wouldn't call *her*! I'm 40+1 so people are REALLY starting to pester. I changed my FB...
Me! I will be giving birth in a traditional L & D with an OB. However, my OB is very very crunchy and big on evidence based medicine, I love him to pieces. It's the same OB and hospital I had my 3 year old DS with so I'm pretty confident. The hospital is certified baby friendly, does not have a well baby nursery so rooming in is required, and all procedures except the hearing check will be done in my room, and DH was invited to go with DS for the hearing check last...
I agree, that false hope is the worst. I wish the nurse practitioner hadn't said that, she prefaced it with "well, you never know what a baby will do BUT" and she did make my appointment for Wednesday, but we were ready to go, you know? Expat mama, I'm the same boat with peeing--when I have the tiniest bit of liquid in my bladder it makes my stomach HURT, and feels like a contraction a little bit. Then I squeeze out a tiny trickle, and it's all fine again. I...