or Connect

Posts by happy1nluv

My first 3 had dairy issues, so for my fourth, I just stopped eating dairy after she was born.  I had some over Easter - so Sunday - not a lot, but some... (she's 3 1/2 months old).  Sunday night, she slept pretty well...but she woke up a few times kind of coughing/gasping/making weird noises.  Some of these episodes woke her, some just were noises she made while she slept.  She was fine during the day Monday -- more spituppy than usual (she was VERY spit-uppy from...
Has anyone heard of this? What do you think http://parentstoolshop.org   parents toolshop.  I don't know why, but i can't find the author anywhere or tell if its a book or just a webpage...  anyone know anything about it?   supposedly its endorsed by a lot of people i like (barbara coloroso, dr sears, alfie kohn is mentioned, etc...) :)
I love my family - they are great in so many ways, but food is ...interesting.   For the most part, my mother sticks with real food so I ignore it...  when she pulls out processed crap, I alwys say something.  My kids have had kraft macaroni and cheese 3 times in their life.  The first time - I told my mother never again, raised a big stink.  The second time was while she was babysitting the 3 boys while i was in hospital with #4 -- figured she was...
i hope he's laughed out of court.   dr joel fuhrman wrote disease proof your kids ... it has lots of good kid specific info :)
i used to have a blendtec, am waiting on a vitamix (blendtec died).   hands down best use for green smoothies: 1 banana 1 bag frozen org strawberries 1/2 - 3/4 bag frozen org chopped spinach (whatever fills blender) 1 box choc almond milk   the boys and i could drink this every day... im determined to add to our repertoire once i get the new vitamix...  but this ones so good, its hard to make anything else!
I love my 4 year old, i really truly do...  that said, i can't stand him today.  He doesn't care about anything - he just does what he wants.  I don't want to hit him or spank him, but I'm about there. NOTHING works with him.  How do I get through to him?!?   I have a 7 wk old girl, 2, 4, and 6 yr old boys... the boys are all about to hit birthdays so older 2, 4, 6 ... we homeschool so they're all home with me.    4 yr old just WONT listen to anything... he runs...
not a multi-mama, but ill take any house advice - and i figure you guys know better secrets out of necessity   anyway, just wanted to share my new laundry system thats actually sort of working...   every room gets its own hamper and all dirty clothes from the room owner(s) go in that hamper - and then each room gets a laundry day.  take out/wash dirties (i dont sort -- it hasnt ruined anything yet) - put back in tub and hand off to room owners (ds, 6 and ds, 4 share...
I'm looking for a cookbook I can let my kids look through and pick out dinner/lunch ideas from...  something that has lots of pictures and uses mostly healthy ingredients(and preferably meatless, dairyless and soy free) - bonus points if all the recipes are easy ...  anyone have one like that that they like?   I have super natural every day by heidi swanson, and that isn't bad... (vegetarian, but uses soy/dairy)...   most of my usual go-tos have very few...
how about sensory stuff?  its messy, but...  play dough, shaving cream, bean bins...  (my oldest is 6, so i might be thinking too young)
I'm hs'ing a 1st grader and just had a new baby...  im drowning and have decided to go back to basics as far as schooling goes.  I'm picking a reading website and a math and letting go for the next month or two ... i found reading eggs and nic likes that one... im having a hard time finding a comparable math site (pay is ok)   any recomendations?