or Connect

Posts by happy1nluv

The bath situation is hard because you're kind of stuck... you can dry him off, bubbles and all... but then you have to put him back in the tub relatively soon so he's not all itchy (although i had dh install one of those shower heads with the hose so i can hose kids down when needed...it definitely comes in handy!)...what makes it even harder is that its never the same situation twice (i have TWO of those kinds of kids - different ages, different stunts but I...
ok... let's put unconditional parenting as book #2 and some version of love and logic (can someone suggest a particular version?) for #3 and then add the others in the order I saw them mentioned - just say the word if you want a particular one sooner.  Maybe I'll start a new thread for the official bookclub and save the first few posts...   post #1 intro including what book we are currently reading and our booklist post#2 rollcall?  giving a quick summary of who's...
ok...  just reserved a copy of easy to love difficult to discipline at the library...  I think its a great choice to start with...  anyone object? 
ooooppppsss....  that was supposed to be siblings w.o rivalry.  fixed it above...
I find I'm a better parent when I'm reading good parenting books, but I'd really like someone to read them with because I always find I have questions/situations that just aren't answered and I'd like to talk it out in that frame of reference, yanno?  dh is NOT a reader... so I end up just sharing the blurbs I find important, but its not the same as reading it together...   Anyone interested?  I figure we'll do one chapter of whatever book a week... I'll start the...
I have 3 boys - 1, 3, 5 (but close to 2,4,6) and I need to change up our morning routine.  We all sit down to breakfast, but not for an hour or two after they get up and I think they need something sooner than that.  I don't want to change breakfast time (it wont work with our routine) but I'd like to figure out some sort of snack I can either teach them to get themselves or leave out on the table for them to get.  I don't want it to be wasted or make a mess (and we...
Can you give him a challenge based on the material?  Like, gee it would be great to make cookies but i need a cup of flour and only have a 1/4 measuring cup (no clue if that would work or what you're learning...  ) Too bad we don't know how to add fractions to find out how much we need...  the challenge my kids are working on now is money.  if they can divide a pile of coins into equal amounts (they are 3,5 so i "stack" the deck but will stop as they master it) they can...
What are your thoughts on art?  We do a few mom-directed craft projects/handprint art/etc.  that are usually gifts for someone or something I want for memories...  Mostly, I set out a very limited number of supplies and let them create.  I do direct some processes (color with crayons first, then paint with these paints over it ..type stuff).  I will sometimes ask them to make me a picture of our family, out house, etc.  We do a few pre-purchased crafts (glue this here,...
google pignoli ricotta...sooo yum! (sorry too late)
i SOOOO agree with you.  my library only has 2, but they are RIGHT smack dab in your face before you even get to the books.  My kids go in excited about books, but see those and forget all about it.  I do a happy dance when other kids are using them, because then they stare for a few minutes and remember books, but if they are empty... forgetaboutit!