or Connect

Posts by happy1nluv

I'm no help... I read along and totally agreed with everything you wrote.  I have boys too (5, 3, 1).  I know they're young... but my answer is... its you and me both?!?  :)  (Alternatively, I was just talking about this with a mom with 2 girls (5, 2) and her kids totally fit that mold - they just "do" according to her... it's nothing she does knowingly - or nothing she was going to share anyway)
LOVE this idea...  i know we have those camera things somewhere (bought for grandpa but it didnt work out well)  ...  let me see if i can make em work again... i have a 5 and very verbal 3 yo who would probably love it!
LOVE my laminator...  i make lil activities (matching games, reusable grocery lists my kids cross out w/ dry erase markers, abc/number cards for scavenger hunts/etc)  i also laminate/hole punch my fave drawings from my kids and put them in their "book" (binder)...  they love this and i dont worry about them destroying it while they read them...
Ok... I'm not radically unschool-y, but I do heavily lean that way... BUT, my husband is completely anti-homeschooling (although he reluctantly agreed to try for K). There's a meeting next week for a classical conversations group which I think I could sell as part time private school and dh might go for it (fingers crossed). I don't know much about it yet.. but it seems like a LOT of memorization -- although the mom that was inviting me to the info meeting said it took...
Has anyone heard of/used adventus children's music journey? It looks pretty cool... but would love some feedback from someone who's used it... http://www.adventus.com/store/childrens-music-journey/
We are planning a trip to the Bronx Botanical gardens for the holiday train show and want to go out to lunch afterwards... anyone have any recommendations for a good place that is family friendly? It will be a 1, 3, 5 year old boys...(healthy is awesome, dairy free options needed) My parents/sibling/so's are also coming along, and anything too "out there" or "ethnic" is probably not a good idea (my father will SAY he'll try anything, but he means anything in a narrow...
thanks for the replies... LOVE hearing this stuff and that im not creating a monster... ev lowi = your first link didnt work for me...the second was awesome... and... i agree that i maybe have too high expectations for him. hes always been super verbal -- literally he can argue/articulate better than his brother - and his brothers no slouch... so its easy to think hes older than he is... about mil's... i need some creative ideas... mil doesnt really drive. ...
I have 5, 3, 1 year old boys... but this post is about the 3 year old. He's always been an independent, opinionated, high spirited kind of kid. He NEEDS physical exercise every day, and while he CAN sit still and do something if he's interested in it, if he's not its a nightmare. He's just to the point where he will sit through a half hour tv show (he LOVES tv... but he can't usually sit still through a whole program...whereas my 5 year old will zone out to it and...
i'm just trying to find a reasonable compromise... my kids are on the skinny side (not unhealthy) but it drives my husband crazy when they don't eat. I don't want to be hostage to the 2 things they will eat without fail and need some quicker options ... AND want to keep them exposed to things they won't eat so maybe one day they will... (I kind of agree with you lynsage about eat or not - they snack plenty during the day so no one is starving) ... i refuse to play...
Hi, I'm looking for something easy that a 3 year old (a very capable and motivated, but still 3) can make when he doesnt want to eat what we are eating. It needs to be healthy and not a treat (almond butter and jelly would be a treat to him). I was wracking my brain for something vegetable but can come up with nothing... and I'm not against a learning curve where i teach him how to make it... any ideas? Do you let your kids make something else if they don't like...