or Connect

Posts by happy1nluv

I dont have a lot of advice, but HUGS!!  My middle child was in diapers til after he hit 4... i just couldn't take the issues so we'd try for a bit, and then when I couldn't take it we'd go back to diapers. (I think his problem,honestly, was just laziness...he didnt want to take the time out of whatever he was doing to go potty).  One day, it just clicked and when we tried it just worked... and we've never looked back.  So... he WILL eventually get there!!!!  HUGS!!!
So, how do you deal with your parents when they are blatantly disrespectful?   I am a non-confrontational person, but I've about had enough of my dad.  He doesn't like a lot of my parenting choices and he says so in front of the kids (calls the food i eat, hippie shit -- the food that his grandchildren eat at home mind you...) ...  etc.  He's never been a tactful person - and that was exascerbated by a medical condition that affected the part of his brain where you...
capt optimism - i have 3 young boys... shaking is NOT a problem! :)  In fact, it might even be helpful ...  do you make it per use, or does is save for a few days?   heather - i make a dressing like that for a chickpea salad (chickpeas, peas, tomatoes, avacado) and its awesome...never thought of trying it on greens...  ;)   thanks!!
So I recently took the plunge and bought a zojirushi supreme bread machine.  I LOVE it... its so nice and easy to set up and have fresh bread.  I bought it primarily so I could make sandwich bread... and while I haven't made a bad loaf (non-dairy, whole wheat) I haven't made a loaf I love yet.  So... anyone have a great sandwich loaf recipe they want to share?   Also... I need to find a burger bun recipe I can use.  I haven't even tried that yet -- no clue how to...
My usual go-to salad dressing is ken's creamy caesar...  with pre-bagged romaine, i can make a super quick caesar salad to go with any meal and everyone likes it...  I'm going dairy free again and I hate that there's so much other stuff in there anyway -- but hey - the family's eating salad :)     I have a great balsamic dressing that I make, but those kinds of salads just seem to take longer and need more ingredients...    Anyone have a good, easy to make and...
I got the whole grain version from the library and it worked for me, sort of... the first time you put it together, it took some time and then it took 5 minutes, let it rest 30? minutes, then bake however long...   so it wasn't a lot of hands on time, but you had to oversee the process...   I bought a bread machine from kohls -- I called 3 times and asked if i could return it once i used it if it didnt work for me (they all said i could).  I've had it for about a...
I've looked through starfall, and I don't get it...  maybe I'm looking in the wrong place because everyone loves it... but I haven't been too thrilled with it yet...   And mizelinius -- LOVE those ideas!  He's written a few stories before, but they were really cute and I put them away so they wouldn't get torn up and only take them out occasionally -- I'm going to get some page protectors and a binder and let him make his own book. thats genious!! :)  And something...
My 6 year old wants to learn to read, but he's a perfectionist.  If he can't do something well right off the bat - he doesn't want to do it at all... (prime example - he wanted to ride a bike...would try for 5 min here and there, but when he couldn't ride he was done.  One day - he just took off and never looked back).   I think reading will be the same way... we sit and try to learn (progressive phonics type books, 100 easy lessons to learn to read) ... but he gets...
So, I don't know what to do.  My 4 year old deliberately makes a mess... and leaves it.  I tell him that the whatever needs to be picked up if he's done, or I'm putting in the saturday box/trash bin... he walks away and doesn't care....but his 6 yo brother does and swoops in and cleans it up.  We only have communal toys here... so its not his or his brothers...  And, it could be something that 6 yo could care less about -- he does NOT want any toys to go away whether he...
If you like the bob book idea - check out progressive phonics.  It's free - you print them out or read them on the computer.  Same concept, but you read words in black and he reads words in red...  We've just started with it, so I'm not sure how well it will work, but I like the idea... http://www.progressivephonics.com