or Connect

Posts by happy1nluv

I'm in. Never heard of these before, but I was just telling dh the other day that the pantry is so full that I keep buying stuff we already have...its just hidden and I forget about it... this is a great idea!
Mostly to talk about my son's diet. He's 10 1/2 months old, and he's been mostly constipated since 7 or 8 months. We started solids at 6 months, but he wasn't eating 3 meals a day til 7 or 8 months. We've been to the ped gastro dr - who just said it was normal for breastfed babies - we were there because ds was spitting up blood for a time...ruled that as really bad reflux, and were on prilosec for 3 months... now he's "cured" of that i guess and is cleared for any...
Hello... I'm seriously considering making an appt with a nutritionist, but I'm not sure that's really where I want to go... So, if you've been... why did you go? What did you get out of it? Would you go again? And, is it a one time thing, or do you go regularly? (And, anyone know about what they charge and whats included for that?).. Thanks
Thanks... at least I'm not going insane. I searched for links of beef, fish, eggs and testosterone ... and boys growth ... and found nothing. Now, I introduced wild pacific salmon because I think that's just good nutritionally (and we eat it, and he showed interest) ... but I plan to leave eggs and especially beef (if at all) for a long ways off...
My friends doctor told her that she HAD to start feeding her 9 month old boy eggs, fish and beef for him to develop correctly. He was really insistent... Now, I know there are whole populations of people out there that don't eat meat (esp cow) and the guys grow up just fine... however, I made the mistake of telling this to dh and he's now convinved that if we don't start ds on these immediately...well... he's got all sorts of worries... But, anyone know why the doctor...
Point taken. (real milk, etc.) ... This whole dairy question is new to me... It's my sister's fault... she introduced me to Christina Cooks -- she's a vegan by choice (meaning not by upbringing) and she explains why she made those choices in the beginning of her cookbook... Prior to about 3 weeks ago, I naively believed that you needed 3 glasses of milk a day for good health... never even making the leap that milk is for babies of the same species...
Ok... so, if you go the no-milk route for a baby ... when do you wean and what do you do instead? And, how does your ped deal with it? The more I read, the less I like the idea of giving milk... when ds was 9 months, I gave up dairy because I think it might be contributing to my son's constant constipation (started since I started him on solids) ... but, what do you do instead? Anyone know at what point babies don't need milk anymore? Thanks!