or Connect

Posts by happy1nluv

I'm sorry for the delay... I will pm an address list tonight (and pm those that wanted to participate but haven't sent me addresses yet, cause the list is a lil light right now...so if you haven't sent me one - send it! :) )  I am going to keep updating the address list (I'll seperate new/old whenever I send out old info) as I get more addresses so if you send them out right away, there might be more...   So... start making your postcards.  You can make or buy them...
Just pm me a mailing address that we should send the cards to...  :)  (include who you want them addressed to too please)
sorry guys - the week got busy...  I'm prepping address lists right now.  If you're stateless - just pick a state that you want to do and i'll put you down for that state.  I'm making an excel spreadsheet of all the states and attaching the addresses - I'll see how it cuts/pastes to pm you guys.  If you'd rather I email you the excel file send me your email address :)   As far as when it starts... I am totally fine with random postcards flowing in - so my plan is...
Count me in as one who thinks they don't do enough... I try to tell myself that its the nature of the beast -- no matter WHAT you do, you can always do better... but my kids are happy...  They m ight not always get along... they might not know how to read yet (I'm not fussed about that one, since my oldest is only 6 and LOVES books... he just needs to be read to...) but they are happy, inquisitive kids...  I'll take that! :)  (And really...when you think about it...what...
Question for those homeschooling siblings... what do you do when you are creating a keepsake but learning?  LIke... we're going to start a timeline binder.  We're going to start by making a page with our family...but then anything we learn about that has any sort of historical fact is going on there.. if a book relates to a particular time - even if its fiction...we'll probably add that to the timeline as well.  I'm thinking we'll keep doing this...well... for a long...
Ok...  I'm going to get address lists out by the weekend...  we don't have all the states, but I don't know how many more we'll get...  staggered postcards might actually be nice...  Let's plan to send them out before Thanksgiving, k?   If anyone else wants to join, please chime in.  If your state is already taken, feel free to choose one that interests you...   thanks!!
yes, they are all boys.  i will try that - altho i think my voice sounds pretty silly when i try and lower it... ;)
My 4 and 6 year old just DON'T listen.  I can talk calmly, I can scream...I can do anything in between and unless its something they want (let's get dressed so we can go outside to play) they just don't listen.  I'm LITERALLY talking to walls!  It's driving me crazy, and its getting worse.  How do you make them listen?  I will do anything...and I will do it consistently...I just don't know WHAT to do!!!  Aren't kids just supposed to listen?  My 2 year old listens...I...
mamaupupup- which would you rather have?  let me know and ill mark that one off...   zebra15 - i definitely want this to happen.  I'm going to try and post a few more places to see if i can get some more people to join...  but im thinking we'll send in october... ;)   Everyone -- if you want to start pm'img me mailing addresses, I'll start to get the list ready... 
woohoo!  i'm excited that other people are interested... im so not a geography person at all... but im really excited to do the states with my boys this year... although I'm not sure who's going to be learning the most - me or them! :)