or Connect

Posts by happy1nluv

I would like to organize a 50 states postcard swap...  Ideally, I'd like to start a webpage where everyone can make an "about my state" page and then just send out a postcard introducing yourself and sharing your webpage...  that way the kids can comment/ask questions if they want to past just sending postcards out (but minimum would be postcards).  Everyone would send out 49 postcards...   Anyone interested?  Or anyone have any good sites/ideas for organizing...
Well, I talked to him outside the moment and he told me he just needed a note to remind him that he couldn't get out of bed for one more cd.  So...  I made him a nice little picture of a cd crossed out, but a potty that was fine (he can't read yet).  He hasn't asked for a cd since, although now as soon as his cd is finished, he goes and falls asleep in my bed (I can live with that ;)).    NellieKatz - thats exactly it, but i've never thought of it that way.  Topic of...
OTmama -- I've tried that approach but he doesn't follow through.  Like, if I'd asked him for a solution - he would have said just one more cd and then he'd go to sleep.  But, we'd have had the same discussion as soon as the cd was over.  Maybe I'll try having the discussion with him this morning and we'll write down what he'd LIKE to happen for bedtime (within reason) and then move forward holding him to that plan.  (He has quiet time during the day with books on cd,...
So, how do you deal when offering choices just doesn't work?   My 6 year old seems to think that he can make his own rules.  Let's take bedtime tonight for an example.  He gets one cd to listen to as he falls asleep (a story cd).  He came downstairs after it was over to ask for another one...   Me:  You had one cd to listen to as you fell asleep.  You can now listen to it again, or you can have quiet to fall asleep to. Him:  I want a new cd. Me:  Your choices...
I bought some M&Ms, and they seem to be working for now.  Not sure if its something new, or if it will continue to work... but I'm going to try a few of the other ideas too!  Thanks!!
He DEFINITELY doesn't like it when I tell him to go... he actually prefers a pullup so he doesn't have to stop and go.  He's driving me crazy...  (ok, that was a vent...)  I'm going to try your logic on him tomorrow and see if it makes a difference...
My four year old (3/23) is not potty trained.  He CAN do it... I don't know what else to do... I bribed him with a new toy (wrapped, so he couldn't see what it was) if he went a full day with dry underwear and he did it without a problem.  I didn't remind, cajole, etc... I just told him the day before if - when i put him in underwear - he stayed dry all day he could open the package and get what was inside. And then I left him alone... (we did stay home that day and it...
sunday crepes -- i froze a bunch of grapes the other day because they were on the verge of going bad.  Now I have no idea what to do with them... suggestions? please?  thanks!!!
olaz-b -- Just a side question....  how is raising your own chickens for meat?  how many do you have at any time?  Is it a seasonal thing - like, raise a bunch in the spring/slaughter in the fall - freeze and eat all year?  Do you slaughter them yourself, or do you drop them off somewhere? 
So, I've been trying to find a good pickle recipe and the last batch i made is just waaayyy too strong.  Anyone have any good ideas for what i can do with them - they're really hard to eat as is...   :)   (also, any great refrigerator pickle recipes that don't take sugar would be awesome too!)