or Connect

Posts by happy1nluv

I know... not the most nutritious, but I really want something breaded and fried.  I don't have any eggplant or wheat gluten...    Any ideas? (anything nut or bean based would be great... I dont have a lot of veggies on hand at the moment) thanks!!
I am reading Setting Limits with your Strong Willed Child by Robert Mackenzie....  I think its a good compromise for dh and I... he thinks I'm too permissive and he's waayy too authoritarian - so we've both decided we can live with this -- at least to try it out for a few weeks and see how parenting as a unified front works...   But, I have a few questions...   has anyone read it?    It has a section on what to do with misbehaviour outside the house... mostly...
My MIL is kind of the same way... I figured out that she just wants to SAY she wants more time/relationship/whatever, and I think she DOES, but our reality and what she wants it to be don't mesh... She doesn't not care, she just has different family values.  I think she wants the movie/hallmark card/whatever, but thats just not what my family is.  So...  we visit when we visit and dh listens to her with half an ear...  
Some of my favorite childhood memories are playing in the woods... in my backyard AND in my best friends, who had a relatively shorter strip of woods bordered by a lake! :)  (I dont remember NOT being allowed down there...  and we were friends from K on...)
My just turned 6 year old is getting out of control with tantrums.  (He also cannot seem to follow the simplest directions, but thats another topic).  Anyway...  he cannot handle ANY frustration whatsoever...  and I don't know how to help it.  We ended up screaming at each other today and I just ...  I don't know.   He has quiet time every day (it used to be naptime, now he plays quietly in his room while i get his brothers to sleep).  I usually either give him...
i have that math arts book and while i love maryann kohl in general, my kids didnt like any of the activities i tried.  its been a while tho...  maybe ill look through it again...thx
I'm sure there are a million threads about this, but I can't find one right now... anyway...  I'm pregnant and due in Dec.  so we're going to "school" through the summer and take a nice long christmas break...  Nic will probably be going to public school for 3rd grade (he's 6)  ...  So far I haven't really followed any curriculum.  We dabbled in classical conversations and I'm still debating about that for next year...     I'm trying to plan out our weeks, since...
I am loving the discovering great artists book by maryann kohl, and im wondering if there is a musical equivalent...  I love how it goes through different styles/artists, giving examples of their work and a quick biography...  does anyone know of a music version?  I want something that goes through all the different genres with the notable people in each...  it doesnt need to include a music cd -- I can find those on my own, but a brief biography and a notable...
i dont remember there being a box on the census saying how you were educating your children? where are you getting the schooling numbers from, or are you just taking total number of kids from census of schooling age - number of kids in public school to get number of homeschoolers?
EDD: December 16th Age: 36 Child Number: 4th TTC: 2 months Birth Plan: hospital -- but hopefully natural/water birth  (it'll be vbac#3...  and most places are horrible here about vbacs... love my hospital/mws tho!) Like the color pink