or Connect

Posts by happy1nluv

Discovering great artists : hands-on art for children in the styles of the great masters    by Kohl, MaryAnn F.     
I didn't get to the market this week, and I badly need to clean out my pantry anyway...  can you help me think of some ideas/recipes to use what I have on hand...   Here's what my pantry has: grains:  brown rice, quinoa, millet (very little whole wheat flour, but I do have some I could grind into flour), oats ... misc bits of other grains (i think i have some spelt, amaranth... stuff I bought to try for one recipe and haven't used since), teff flour, potato...
Everywhere I turn around these days I hear more about classical conversations... Another info meeting here - another new group is starting there...  I've been lurking in homeschooling groups for a while now and the buzz seems new to me.  Is it?  Is it an awesome new thing, or did someone just kick up the marketing?  Any ideas?
no help, but i am looking for the same thing...
what language are you looking for?  hooked on phonics does computer language programs i think... i havent looked into them enough to know what they are about, but they are geared towards kids.  also, look for slangmans world and david burke books...?
It sounds great to me!  I think its easy to get into a not-doing-enough guilt rut, especially if you read a lot of homeschooly/teachery blogs...  relax! You;re doing great!  He's THREE!  Have fun... 
Totallly fine... I was hoping to read the book a lot more quickly, but I'm only in the middle of chapter 2 so far...   
i buy when i find a great deal.  research what you want so you know what to watch for and what a great price is...  haunt sites like slickdeals.net and dealigg ...when you  find it for what you wanna pay, go for it.   i have a blendtec and after having it i couldnt easily live w/o it...it really is worth it esp if you put greens in your smoothies...  but you can even find deals on vitamixs if you look hard enough...
mom2;ucy  my dh doesnt read either....this time around im not even suggesting it...im just going to make cheatsheets and tape them up in obvious places...ill let ya know if it helps at all...
And... what do you do when your children flat out ignore you?  That drives me CRAZY!! I KNOW they can all hear, because I've had their hearing checked (yes, it drives me that batty).  I tell them that it bothers me, and that i'm just looking for acknowledgement...  and yet they LOVE to do it!!!